use the bumper Mark!

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Brian D, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Brian D

Brian D New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Kyle would have used it on you!

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Kyle left plenty of room on the inside or if he didnt ...Mark would of moved him.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Wolfman i have to disagree with you on that one ,Mark has never been one to put the bumper to someone to move them out of the way ,an it has cost him a lot of positions in his career . But that is just his style of racing :wink:

4. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    don't ever think that mark would give up, maybe his last chance to win the championship by not using the bumper. kyle gave him room on the inside and mark could get there he just couldn't get on by. using the bumper on the side would have wrecked them both. mark could not give up points again this week. i know some of yall hate kyle, but i remember how much yall hated #24 winning all those races too. some of you just can't stand that JR. did not live up to replacing his dad.

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    we all know kyle would have used his bumper to put someone in the wall mark is one that would never do that :smile2::smile2::smile2: good thing i am not in nascat kyle be in wall every week :smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Mark has always been a clean racer got to give him credit there. Not a fender an bumper mover.

7. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ive seen Martin do it before when he was with Roush:wink:

8. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Oh, no, no. You've seen other drivers come down on him. And you've seen him hit the inside wall, all by himself. But I don't think you've ever seen Mark Martin actually hit someone else.

I've been a long time fan of Mark Martin, and have often wished he had a little bit more aggression in him. But he doesn't. Especially as he gets older.

But, then again, that may be one of the reasons I'm such a fan. That, and he's a driving fool.

Just go ahead and give me Martin for the rest of the year, for the pick-a-winner. The man is trying hard. He's just not going to knock someone else out of the way to do it.

For God's sake, guys, look what he did in a Ford for all of those years!! That's got to tell you he's a driving fool! Now they've got him in a Chevrolet - he's gonna do it!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Which has cost him championships IMO.

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    how do you think dale sr won 7seven championship by using the bumper :wink::wink::smile2:and yes a was and always bea dale sr fan

11. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    LOL, just ask Geoff Bodine when he was in the #5 Levi Garrett car

12. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I think we had a chance to see a fine gentleman race yesterday AND a team player.On one of the restarts he wouldnt let jimmy beat him but once he got ahead he let him by to get the 5 points then passed him again to take the lead.You know he would have done the same for JR or Jeff or all of them.He is a Hendricks man and proud of it.Had Kyle tried to pin him down there he might have moved him out but as we know Kyle gave him room and a chance and he couldnt do it.That is a real sign of respect from Kyle because had it been Vickers they would still be sorting out the debris.:smile2::big_smile:First thing Kyle said when he got out of the car was what a great racer and gentleman Mark was.He knew Mark should have won and expressed his sympathy.Should the roles be reversed I doubt Kyle would move Mark unless the last race, last lap for the championship was at stake.I do agree that being a good guy can cost you sometimes and undoubtedly it has cost Mark,but I think in the end he doesnt have to apologize to anyone for his conduct on the track and it shows in the respect the other drivers have.I love guys like Logano saying 'That old man can sure drive".Perhaps we should make Mark an honorary memeber of the BOC Ramblers :big_smile::smile2:

13. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Wolfman - Bodine was in the way, and you know it! Or, at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :wink:

Yeah, being non-aggressive has cost Martin championships. But look how many times he's gotten second in the championships - in a Ford!! I like saying that - that's a big deal. In a Ford! AND with no aggression. Just plain o'le driving his butt off.

Mark Martin is the man. That's all there is to it. Martin is the man.

And as far as Mark Martin being an honorary member of the BOC, he's got my vote.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  14. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    You're absolutely right. Mark is the man. Not many can do what he is doing at his age.

15. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats what makes mark a class act yeah he could have put the chrome horn to kyle but as long as you race him clean he wont wreck you to win.now if kyle would have gotten rough mark would have dumped him.he will race you like you race him.
    Still a better man then me cause i would have loved to dump kyle into that outside wall lol.:wink::wink:

16. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    if I was the 1st car a lap down and behind Kyle leading the race...I would dump him just to get back on the lead lap. lmao:smile2:

17. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I would pay $100.00 to punch Kyle in the nose. :smile2:

18. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Maybe we can get some donations, say $1,000 then you can get him 10 times..why stop at 1

19. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol so true.even if it was the last lap,might finish last but by golly ill still finish on the lead lap:wink::smile2:

20. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Dont forget martin will race you the way u race him. If you race hime clean he will you if you race him dirty look out!:cool2: