use circle hook with stink bait worms ???

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by magicman22, Jun 13, 2009.

1. magicman22

magicman22 New Member

I don't know if this has been talked about but can I replace the normal trebel hook that is normally used with the various stink bait dip worms with a circle hook?

I have had varied success with the trebel hooks and fish hook up rate. So thought I would ask you experts your opinion. Thanks

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yes you can sir, get some pantie hoes

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Yes you can . I always change the hook the bait tubes come with , only I use a J hook . When I use the bait tubes I only use the tube . I dont use the line it comes with , the treble or the sponge .

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    sure can, i buy the unrigged tubes,if i do get the ones with hooks and line already on it i trash them and put my own on.I use a 2/0 gama octopus circle on mine and have been destroying the eater size cats with them.You dont need a real big hook with those cause your not going to catch any giants with dip baits anyhow.good luck bro.

5. magicman22

magicman22 New Member

thanks for the answers!! I tried earlier tonight with dip bait worms and circle hooks. First of all the fishing was slow...but had one time where there was a fish apparently mouthing my bait. Then had a small tap on the pole end and then nothing. I am, for the most part, tight line. I wonder if the fish would have ran with it had I been fishing a slack line?

Anyway, will keep trying and hopefully have a little more action

Thanks again.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like using the Team Catfish 5/0 double action hook and the mini fury thing for dip bait fishing. I just thread the firy thing straight down the hook to the bend. One of the best setups out there. Give it a try.

7. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I have been changing out the trebles on dip worms for a couple years, since I saw it as an option in the Catfish Insider magazine. It does work, in some situations. If the bite is hot and you have to hold your pole, you can set the hook with trebles or j-hooks as soon as you see the slack start to move on the line, get em in the lips almost every time. If you try to set the hook with a circle, you will get no fish, you have to let the rod load up and bend over, then lift the rod tip and reel him in.