Us Westies Did Pretty Good...

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by BKS72, Aug 12, 2007.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Met up with Dale (DCastle) again this evening. He had his daughter in law along since she'd never been on the big MO. We had to show her the flying carp, of course. Dale took a carp in the head just to make sure she got the full show:wink:

Got set up and had just started working on a cold beverage when a rod took a dive and started giving out line. I could tell it was good fish, but it took FOREVER to get the thing to the top to see how good. Got the net on him and he turned out to be a 70# blue (My new PB). We get the pictures taken, got the fish back in the water, and settled down. Probably a half hour later the outside rod goes down. Dale's next up and he brings in a 13# blue.

Dale and I tell Shawnee that the next rod that goes is hers. Another half an hour later and one of the reels starts peeling out line like quarters out of a slot machine. Shawnee gets the fishing pole and starts fighting. You can see from the pix she's a small girl, so Dale and I can't get a good idea how big the fish is. She finally works it in close to the boat and we realize it's a nice fish. She works the fish another 10 minutes at the boat trying to get him to the top and we finally get him netted. Turns out to be 55# blue. Got some good pix and turned the big guy loose. Dale had to be up early tomorrow and I need to spend some family time tomorrow since I'm out of town on business the next 2 weeks, so we called it a night at around 11:30. Great evening, I'm sure that was the first blue Shawnee has caught, I KNOW it's the biggest:smile2: It was as much fun watching her fight that fish in as it was catching that 70#. Well, almost..:wink:

Pretty sure I saw Josh and Brad's trucks in the parking lot, so there'll probably be some other decent Westie fish coming in as well......

Branden

Attached Files:

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Great job and congrats!.....Thanks for sharing..Sure has been a good week for catching the bigguns. Looks like us easties have to get back to work!!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

3. skinner

skinner New Member

State:
    missouri
    So then I take it that was her biggest fish at 55# and congrats to you for a 70#er. Man I wish I was with you, I only got about a 25#blue last night or early this monring about 1:30 am. But that was from the bank man I need a boat. Caught 5 big azz gars but they good for nuttin but fights. My buddy is gunna send some pics of my blue I will post when i get them.
    Congrats again
    Skinner

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Man, I knew i should have tryed to make it ,great job branden !!!!! I guess you will have a new avatar now

5. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Wow what a pig,congrats on the p.b.:smile2:

6. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice Fish Branden.. Thanks for showing us what the Sport has to offer...

7. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    WOW!! And I thought Cuz and I had great nights out on the river!

Congrats on the sweet catch and thanks for the release!!

8. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Nice fish Branden, Ijust about went home and hooked up the boat after you called me!!:confused2: Knew I should have went! Congrats on the good Night of fishing!:big_smile:

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    From all of us easties, those are truly some great fish!!!!! Congratulations on some fine fish, and I'm sure in typical BOC Fashion, those beauty's are swimming around this morning looking for their next meal and getting Bigger.

OUTSTANDING WORK GENTLEMAN, AND LADY. The Westies are proving to be very viable competitors. :eek:oooh: I'll put this state up against any state in the country for catching/releasing these big fish. Great Work and Thanks for sharing the story.

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Brandon, Congrats on a great night, and a new personal best! I was out with Steve Snyder, and we did pretty good too - 5 fish weighing a total of 144lbs, with Steve's 61lb'er being the biggest.

Just to show off, we caught the 61 and a 19 as Brad, Doug, and Ben were motoring by at the end of the night.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Anybody still wondering if the fish are biting? Great work Gary. Brad sent me a PM and told me you had a hog last night. Great Job.

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thats just like you Westies.:misdoubt:

Wait until someone is doing a story on you then go and catch a new PB Flathead AND a new PB Blue!:crazy:

The shame of it all! The blatant braggadocio!

Let us Easties now turn to the west and bow our heads in shame!:sad2:

13. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Forgot this part in my last post Branden..........

AWESOME JOB MAN!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

14. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks, guys, it's been a GREAT week. Gary, nice job on those 2 fish. Were you on the MO or the KS? I talked to a guy fishing off of the ramp at Kaw Point and he said he'd hit a 60 and a 45 from there. Don't know what the big boys were up to last night, but they must have been hungry. Attached is a pic of either the 70 or 55 going back in the water. Tough to get a pic with the delay on a digital camera, but Dale did a good job getting it. You can tell by the look on my face I'm anticipating a face full of water from that giant tail...:smile2:

Attached Files:

15. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wow Branden, And all that before 11:30. Great Job and congratulations. What was the bait of choice?

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Cut shad. We couldn't get a carp in the boat. We had to hit Smithville yesterday morning to get the shad.

17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    HOLY MAC.......

Way to go Branden, Shawnee, Dale. Gary and sounds like Brad and on and on....:big_smile:
    Just another early evening fishing trip for the westies.....:wink:
    Great job everyone!!!

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Sorry, Dale's daughter in law's name is actually spelled Shani. Oops! Guess that's what happens when a guy who can barely spell his own name trys to tell a story....:eek:oooh:

Branden

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Man I bet those east bound and down dinkers are all scrambling in there yards now. Come on deanna get those rods loaded, I cant find your skipeyes darryl... Lets go cuz, wheres my bannas kutter. LMAO....:006:

20. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    It only added insult to injury to see that, we could only manage a measly 30 lbs last night.