Urine Test

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Mar 4, 2008.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Who ever wrote this needs a pat on thier back!! I have to pass a urine Test for my job.... But I agree 100 % Like a lot of folks in this state ,I work they pay me.. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it see fit.. In order to get that paycheck, I am required t pass a random Urine testwhich I have no problem with.. What I DO have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a Urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass the test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one ,to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on thier feet. I do on the other hand,have a problem with helping someone sitting on thier A-- ,doing drugs,while I work. Can you imagine how much the state would save if people had to pass a urine Test to get a public assistance check.

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree 100%.....that is the best Idea I have ever heard!:smile2:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Amen brother I agree 100%

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John I totally agree with you on this. Great idea. Reps to you.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Im in total agreement with you but like shipping all the illegal immigrants out of our country....it'll never happen even though it should!!

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Here in WV they wouldnt even make drug testing mandatory for School teachers.IMO they are among the people you would want to be on the straight and narrow since they directly influence the future of america.

Yet I would have to take one to work at Kmart wth is wrong with this picture.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Oh yeah I agree with that one!!!!!!!! If you are gonna be on public assistance you shouldn't be able to set around spending it on drugs!

I have had to have drug tests my entire life for my work.

8. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    I couldn't agree more, and why they dont' do this, I'll never know.

I bet if this ever happened 90 percent of the people on welfare now would be off of it the very first time they were tested!

Great idea!

9. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i am with you bro!!!! it never made much sense to me why people that got welfare wouldnt have to prove they needed it in the first place.

another thing: here is my take on unemployment. now dont get me wrong this is unemployment, not disability. i know there are people who are down on their luck and get laid off or fired. but then there are those people that will not get a job to save thier lives. my sons biological father is one of these people. he lives off of the government because he is lazy. but anyway, my solution to unemployment is this. you have 3 months to find a new job. if you cannot show that you have actively tried to find a new job in that 3 months, your unemployment get taken away. if you do find a job, there is no need for unemployment so it gets taken away. if you quite that job or are fired, you are not eligible for unemployment. if you are laid off, then you are eligible for 3 months worth of unemployment. if you refuse to work or are to lazy to work, then you will not recieve benefits. if you are disabled, this will not aply tto you.

10. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Amen Brother!! Sad "they" dont see it that way.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Maybe one day it will all change for the better...I think that most of know someone who is milking the system for all its worth in this fashion. Im sure though that just like probation, people would find a way around it.

12. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    i disagree with you on this. i got fired back in dec. collected some unemployment then they stopped it. if i was still in the military like you i would agree with you, due to the FACT you dont have to worry about getting fired of layed off.we will always need the military.dont get me wrong im VERY THANKFUL for what you are doing,but its alittle differant out here in the states.the only thing around me is pretty much lpn or rn, im too old for that.when i have found something that i know how to do they dont pay enough to even cover gas expence.my tax money went right into the unemployment also , and they cut me off.i had 10 yrs with the company.

13. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina

you are one of the unlucky ones i was reffering to. the ones i am saying should not get it are the ones that refuse to get a job and have no intention of trying. the ones that think it is thier right to live off of the government. the ones that say ting like "the government put these programs in effect and i am going to use them, no matter what." let me tell you a little story. i know of a person that is 31 years old. has held several good jobs, but either quit or got fired for stealing. he is currently in college to play football. he is a place kicker playing for a little no name college. he thinks he is going to make it into the NFL and be on easy street. this guy never held a job for more than 3 months. he has had the opportunity to work for companies that paid 100 grand a year, and quit because he is lazy. right now he is collecting unemployment because he is a fultime student, without any aspirations of ever getting a job. these are the kind of people that i am reffering to as not deserving it. as well as the individuals that will have 8 kids to get more welfare, then go and blow it on crack. as far as being in the military goes, my job is not gauranteed. i can gurantee you this , that if we get a democratic president, then the military will be downsized and my job could definately go away. they will deny my re-enlistment and then i will have to find something else.

14. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Great post Brother, I agree with you..I know I have to pass a urine test for my job..

15. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm with you 100% on this one!! Thanks for the post!!

16. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    No one should have to drug test to work.

Now, if you would like to institute an daily impairment test, (drugs, drink, lack of sleep, flu, etc) I can give you that.
    Fair, relevant, and covers more safety concerns.

17. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yep, don't want my tax dollars given to them so they can buy their drugs.

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Lets put that to congress and vote on that one.... I agree 150 % John
    Lets get a petition together and fight that. :wink:

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I wish I had someone's cup to pee in.
    Whats good for the goose is good for the gander in more subjects than drug test.

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I agree 100%. Lets take this one step farther and require a drug test for a drivers license. Every morning I hear about a hit and run somewhere in my valley.