Urine Test

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kyredneck, Aug 19, 2009.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    [email I got today]

This was written by a construction worker in Fort McMurray .. Read on . .. .

I WORK, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig site for a Fort McMurray construction project. At any time I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

UNDERSTAND - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their behinds, drink, smoke dope and talk on a cell phone all day.... along with a number of other things too. Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

If you agree, please pass this along, or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country.

2. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri

Damn never thought of that ... hats a damn good ideal!:eek:oooh::wink:

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    A very good post... Of coarse I have thoughts of my own... If someone is handing you a free check from the sweat off someone else's back you outta be able to pass a hair test . I think drug tests are a good thing ..but pending what a person does on his own time sitting in house after a long day making a buck to share with the world I think some drugs should have less emphasis . I do say if your cracking,pilling,heroining or something like that you need help . If a man has a few beers and knows when to quit gets a good night sleep arrives at work on time and in good shape no problem . I also beleive people with highly dangerous or hi level jobs should have common sense but who am I to judge . Kudo's on the thread ! This will surely get some responses ...

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Every one on public assistance doesn't start out that way. Many people have worked very hard all their lives and have paid into the same system. Something unforeseen happens and there you go.Should their right to enjoy recreational drugs be taken away? I think the guy that wrote the e mail is selfish. He acts like no one ever worked but him!:roll_eyes:

5. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    KY Redneck for President. I love it!!! One hell of an ideal..But won't work make to much sense.

6. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with this..And to add to it politicians should have to take drug test also..

7. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    If a person has enough money being assisted by the govt. to buy recreational drugs then he is recieving to much money . Assuming he is paying his/her bills as well . If someone has worked hard and has fallen on hard times I personally don't think that recreational drugs are gonna get him to where he needs to be to once again become a productive part of society . Now of coarse the qestion may arise that the recreational drugs may or may not have landed them there to begin with . It is a matter of responsibillity sometimes . Don't go blazing a fattie before taking the kids home on the school bus .

8. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    the guy who wrote the email is 100% correct however you have to fix the crooked government/politicians/congress first you cant fix the small problems when the bigger problems oversee them as well

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So your saying that when I was injured years ago and had to get on relief for a year, I was classified as an unproductive part of society? Gosh I never knew that! lmao :smile2::wink:
    The point is the same shoe doesn't fit all people. One of the biggest misconceptions is that all people on some kind of disability or government assistance are lazy, rotten, dope abusing, spouse beating thieves. The guy that wrote that letter has the attitude that if I have to then you have to. That is not a very logical way of approaching the problem of welfare abuse. Do I have the answer, no, but remember you cant legislate morals and human behavior. If you would consider the ramification of such actions after you deny the check, what you gonna get? Do you really think the person is going to say: Oh gee I better clean up my act, no wait a minute I have no food now ,I guess I'm gonna have to go and find an old lady to rob...Then, I can help over fill the prison system when they catch me... :roll_eyes:

10. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    u make a really good point. our state here has prposed a law requiring anyone receving money in the form of welfare or related, will be required to pass a random drug scren at any time. failure will mean loss of money. this was an effort to stop the "swapping" of wefare moneys on the "fraud" proof cards they have in this state.

11. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    You got that right!!!!

12. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    NOOOOO. What I am saying is IF you are receiving govt. moneys and where a productive part of society then recreational drug use will not help you rehabillate and put you back on the work force . If you are no longer ever able to work should we help those continue a standard of living yes ,should we support them with rec. drug use no...Everyone has a buddy that will come over with a 12 pack hang and shoot the breeze or at least I would think so (could be wrong.) If someone did a bunch of pills wrecked the school bus or various other examples of negligent wrong doing should we support them if the failed a drug test once on govt. assistance big NO . Everyone makes mistakes some bigger than others .As humans we are also given the ability to learn from our mistakes..And maybe we got a wire crossed or I do . I thought this thread was more about welfare issues which arise in every day society where SOME people suck up the system while others brake there back to support it .And yes some people never get to do their part due to circumstances beyond their control .ie born with physical or mental limitations . Car wrecks where an indivual was not under the influence and there are various examples . If you need govt. assistance and you need it and can pass a drug test that's what my tax dollars go for..

13. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lol " Recreational drugs aren't meant to rehabilitate any one.. they are for your enjoyment and relaxation..:wink:

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    You know that is an awesome email you got . That is a great idea .

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Isn't that what is being said about the urine test ? There are other ways to relax that are legal so therefore the govt. shouldn't be paying for people to use recreational drugs that aren't legal . The e-mail by no means was saying that if your hurt you aren't entitled to some help .:roll_eyes: the e-mail said we shouldn't be paying for someone to sit at home collect money and do drugs all day that aren't doctor perscribed .And the money being collected from the govt. may being spent on drugs that very well may take away from whatever rehabillitation might be trying to fix .Would hate to miss a doctors appointment because didn't realize or care or able to make the appointment set up to make one actually better .

16. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Lance, Your a dreamer with high ideals, and while that is admirable it isn't very practical.:big_smile:

17. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i agree with you 100% redneck

18. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Agree 100 percent.

19. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    How is it a right to use illegal drugs? I don't think we're talking alcohol or nicotine here, or prescription drugs, rather illegal drugs or illegally obtained prescription drugs. If the drugs are legal then I don't think it should matter, but I totally agree that people on government assistance should have to pass a drug test that tests for illegal drugs.

20. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    In the original post, the construction worker NEVER PUT ANYONE DOWN because they were on public assistance. His point (the const. wkr.) was that people have the drug test hanging over thier heads while trying to make a living. Fail the test - look for another job. He believes that someone on public assistance should have the same responsibility. I see no problem with anything he (const. wkr.) said, and have to agree.

There is nothing wrong with public assistance and there is nothing wrong with supporting it. I do not have any facts to back up what I am about to say but--- I think that MOST people on assistance would pass a drug test. At least the ones I know anyhow. If they can't - bump them out of the program until they can.