Urban fisherman?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by gtbait, Aug 14, 2007.

1. gtbait

gtbait Active Member

State:
    AZ
    How many of you AZ whisker hunters target the Phoenix/Mesa area urban lakes for a quick Catfish fix? I've done well on 80% of every trip using dip baits. Nothin' particular large, 6 lbs as a maximum so far. These "pots" are easy to access. Just nosey.

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I have fished chapparell and did well, but my "secret" fishing holes are the golf course ponds. I have caught channels over 10lbs in 5 different golf courses. Just do a little "ninja" fishing, with a backpack, several beers, some anchovies, and a couple poles. Tip the rods with glow sticks and just sit back and have fun. You will be AMAZED at what swims in those little water ponds.:eek:oooh:

3. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Out golfing I have seen some MASSIVE channel cats in those little lakes. I have trespassing experience, so I try not to let those guys tempt me. I do very well at Red Mountain Park, I enjoy going during the winter when there are no stockings, because of the relaxed fishing pressure and the chance to land bigger cats. The canals are my favorite fishing places in the city, I have one over the rear fence so its very easy to go fishing.