Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Chapparal Park today did well with the channels. They were all caught on cut anchovies soaked in anise extract and garlic salt over night as they thawed. Don't normally fish urban waters but the kids like the park better than the desert when the fish aren't bitting yet. We had a blast today though.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I fished there, again, twice this weekend. Both times for 3-4 hours. Only one cat, as I posted elsewhere. Yesterday didn't even get a nibble.

Is there any particular corner, stretch, or area of Chaparral that is better than others? Where do they dump the fish in when they stock it?

Like you, I end up there all the time because of the kids....they are young, and easily bored, so they like the park. I just want to catch some fish.

My Chaparral total: five trips, about 20 hours, one albino catfish 7lb, about 14 inches, two somewhat disappointed children.

<end whine mode> :confused2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its about that time, the hatchery will be stocking our local lake. Schedule to be stock around the first of the month. CAN'T WAIT!!!
Mean while I'm waiting on Turkey opening morning...
Gilbert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.