upstream limit of flatheads on the MN river?

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by bradb, Nov 26, 2009.

1. bradb

bradb New Member

State:
    ohio
    how far upstream on the Minnesota River are flats found? As far as Odessa or Ortonville?

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    May be some around Ortonville, I was there last may fishing above and below the dam, but I was told there is another dam further downstream 13-16 miles and the catfishing is better down there. Guys were coming out and catching northern just below the dam at Ortonville when I was there. I didn't go further down stream, there should be catfish in that lake, I think its Big Stone lake. The guy at the bait shop said there were good size something in there but people rather catch the other fish. I don't remember the fish he said, I wasn't interested in em. I went from there to check out a town a friend was from, and to Lidgerwood ND then to Fargo and I want to get back there to do some fishing.

3. DARK30

DARK30 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I don't think you'll find many flatheads above the dam at Granite Falls. Better off fishing around New Ulm and downstream. Lots of big boys from Shakopee to the Mississippi.

4. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    There are big ones through out the entire system. You can go from Mankato to the Mississippi and have a shot at a nice one. They are in the Mississippi P2-P3-P4 and in the ST. Croix as well.

5. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    They are just foolin...there are no fish in the Minnesota river. :winky: