Upstate rivers

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by CarolinaCatJack, Sep 3, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    For all of you living in the Upstate, what are the rivers doing up there? I haven't heard anything lately about the Reedy and Upper Saluda. Are they coming up any? I talked to crclhuk1 last night and he and I might be fishing the Upper Saluda somewhere between Belton and Ware Shoals next weekend.

The only thing I've been watching lately is Lake Greenwood and there's no good news for it. The rangers in the state park are closing ramps off and I know there's a couple more closed on other parts of the lake, thanks to no rain and the DNR.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sorry if I missed something, but how is the DNR responsible for low water levels?

3. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I guess I worded that one funny.....The DNR's NOT responsible for low water levels, but they ARE responsible for closing boat ramps.

4. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Oh - I see what you mean. Unfortunately, if they didn't some yahoo would try to use a ramp and hurt himself or wreck his rig and then try to blame the state for his own screw up.

I hope Hanna dumps some rain far enough inland to do our lakes and rivers some good.

5. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    NAWWWW.....Ain't no yahoos like that 'round here!! We find folks like that in Georgia! LMAO....To find out what I mean, go check out the GA forums. I hope he's alright though....

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Look Matt! You are new to BOC and I can over look alot of stuff! But We don't make fun of other States here! Here on the South Carolina threads we Help, Teach, Learn, Educate and are brotherhood to the Max! My "Man Cola" buddy Foxhound and other guys I respect are from Ga. It's Time for you to quit using the BOC to "LMAO" at!!!

Now the ball is in your court. You decide what to do from here!

7. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Deepest apologies. I will not speak unless spoken to.

8. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I was NOT making fun of anyone. I talk to the guys over on the GA boards too. We all have a big laugh sometimes. I know when they're kidding me....They know when I'm kidding with them. If they don't like it, then they need to tell me. And since you've put the ball in my court, I'm gonna make the play and ENJOY my time here. Whether or not people enjoy my company and/or suggestions is up to them. Never again will I try to cut up with anybody or share a laugh. It's serious catfishing discussion from here on out.

9. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Look Matt, You can come over here to Georgia and kidd with me anytime! :wink:

10. jerryrigg

jerryrigg New Member

State:
    travelers rest,s.c.
    well matt,as you know gwood is pretty low.it did come up a little due to the recent rain but the rivers have gone back down now since we havent had any more rain.if you are gonna fish the waters around belton i would be pretty sure there are plenty of rocks showing.i live between reedy and saluda up by travelers rest and theres hardly any water up here.matter of fact the reedy is the back side of my property and the saluda is maby 2 miles the other way.beeee carefull
    jerry

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Matt: It WAS humorous, and the guy WAS a yahoo! Notice I didn't say it was funny, 'cause it wasn't, but humorous, it WAS! See my reply on the Ga. thread.
    Bill in SC

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    DANG! :crazy:Glad I read this thread before I come down there with my since of humor.... somebody might've fed my boney arse to the gators:eek:oooh: :tounge_out:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Your Indiana tail will be well taken care of, good Dr. :smile2: We're set up like cold grits!
    BB in SC

14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hope so Bill... I trust ya! You sound just like my father in law with that heavy accent you've got!

I've already been talkin' about eatin' gator on ya'lls gathering thread:smile2:

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <I hope so Bill... I trust ya!>

LOL! You trust ME? :crazy: Do I detect a little apprehension? :smile2: Between our trip at the Santee with James, and your trip here on the Pee Dee with me, we ought to do well. The pressure is on ME to get 'er done! :wink:

Trustworthy BB in SC

16. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Jerry, I knew there was something I liked about you! I grew up around the Travelers Rest/Berea area. Spent some time as a young'un on Jocassee. Let me say, "What's up there, home slice!" Good to hear from you and it's good to have as a BOC brother!