Upset: UFC

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by kat in the hat, Apr 22, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That was the most brutal knockout I think I've ever seen Good job Gabriel Ganzaga...look out Randy! I can't believe Crocop was able to stand up after that. I thought he was dead for a minute. And I thought the Bisbing beating was bad. That was an awesome fight as well. WooHoo!!

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    All I got to say is I'm glad I didn't spend 49.99$ for it last night.
    That kick has to be up in the top 5 knockouts,looked like cro cop ducked right into it.Reps to the ref for straightening his leg out as soon as possible.
    Bisping looked dominate and comfortable,but gave the other guy a chance when he looked winded for a while....not sure he has what it takes to be #1....yet:cool2:

The Arloski(?) fight was slow,but he had some great leg kicks,wish he was able to get a few more in.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Wow, I also thought he was dead. I went over to dads and watched it with him. We are both UFC buffs.

He replayed it over and over, you could see where he thought he was going to get kicked in the ribs and lowered his elbows to block his ribs. Next time I bet he protects his head. lol

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Ya i watched Mirko get his butt kicked too....was shocked. had the same kind of feeling when Serra knocked out GSP.

Gonzago thoroughly dominated Mirko...had Herb Dean not stood them up (for some unexplicable reason) Gonzago may have ended it on the ground anyways. He was landing some brutal elbows and punches up to that point.

The Pit bull and Werdum fight was a total snooze fest. They pretty much circled each other for 3 rounds....i didn't think either of them deserved to win.

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I think you just answered your own question...maybe something was said between fights about keeping the action going

6. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    My son was down visiting from Iowa and we watched the fights last night. He is an MMA fighter and trains with Pat Militich in Iowa. He is 10 - 2 right now and has been fighting for about 16 months. Not sure I like him doing it but he loves it. The Bisping fight was brutal. The Cro-cop fight was a shock! Coutoure won't fight him the same way, I'm sure. It should be a good fight. I never thought Coutoure would beat Silvia, but he did.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    WOW what a kick, the announcers had me convinced Crocop broke his leg or something. UFC is one sport I cant predict, never know whats going to happen and I love it. I missed the Serra KO of GSP so Im gonna have to check that out as well as Couture. Im looking forward to the Rampage Jackson and Iceman Liddell fight coming out, that one ought to be fun. I was hoping to see Ortiz and Dana White box but it didnt happen.

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Andrei did squeek by with a win, but very boreing. He's not the same fighter he once was. Amazing what getting knocked out does to a fighter's confidence level.

Thing about Randy that makes him great is he will study his oppenent's every move, and adapt his style accordingly. He will have his hands full with Ganzaga for sure. I'm glad Crocop got the high kick to the head. Hey Pride fans...he's human afterall. Still very scary though.

Kept hearing how weak the UFC heavyweights are, and how these pride fighters were gonna step into the octogon, and put the whoop down on them. So far that has not been the case. I hope Chuck wins, and I truely believe he will. Just another fight for Chuck.

9. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    What I thought was worse than the kick was how he landed. That ankle looked real messed up under him. Good thing it wasnt bad damaged.
    If Liddell KO'd Couture this guy is gonna kill him.

10. bowhuntinbubba

bowhuntinbubba New Member

State:
    Illinois
    ya serra is the real d**k he just got lucky with pierre icant stand ether one of them. cant wait till hughes destroys serra.

11. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    Yeah I'm no serra fan but I'll have to admit, Myself and have of Hooter's were screaming and cheering when Hughes got his butt handed back to him in a paper bag by St. Pierre. It's always good to see the Jerk get beat up by the nice guy.

12. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    oh man I just watched that highkick and WOW!!!! Iv seen crocop lose many times and it wasnt to shocking,just the way he didnt look like he was gonna get up. gonzaga's nobody to mess with either. he went to decision with fedor before.

no worries crocop will be back after that leg heels. my wife says he has to. (she has a huge crush on him)