Upset e-mail. Send it or not ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Salthart, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Here is an email I have written but have not yet sent. It may be that sending it is a bad idea but at the same time not sending it could be worse.

So, I would like to ask your help. Should I send it or not. Please give reasons.
    Thanks..

Hello, My name is ----- ---- and I live in N.C. Just outside of Morganton . Yesterday I stopped into the ----- store in Morganton to have a look at the fishing equipment offered there. Was I ever suprised.

What I have to say about what I found is not meant to upset. That would not do any good for anyone. And while you may not care about how I feel or what I have to say, There is a small chance that it can do some good for both of us.

There were broken fishing rods sitting in the racks priced full retail. Rod and reel combos with missing parts, Priced full retail. Even the units that seemed in good shape upon a closer look had bent handles or rod guides bent or missing. Not only that, There were like 5 different price stickers making it at least seem clear that damaged good are picked from other stores and sent here.

I found a single rod that was heavy enough for the catfishing I wanted to do and it had no price. I made the mistake of asking for help. A man shows up. He has no marking to show he works for Roses. No uniform or name tag etc. He looks at the rod I am asking about and starts looking on the rack for another but there is only the one. So he gets one that is graphite but the same color and length and asks me what the price is on it. I tell him and with a smirk ( Acting like it should have been obvious to me ) he says Well, there you go. Turns and walks away without another word.

The rods were nothing alike. They were not made by the same company, They were not made of the same materials, The one I wanted was a casting rod and the one he picked up was a spinning rod. I hope I am being clear here..There was no way.. A 5 year old could have told this was not the same thing.

So now you can add bad attitudes to the growing list of problems.

Even though I don't know much about the business your in, I can somewhat understand how tough the market would be with the giants you have to compete against every day. And I don't have a problem with a store selling seconds, AS long as they are marked as such and PRICED as such.

So, we have a rather long list here.. People are screaming for jobs and yet you have people on the floor that don't say hello or welcome or please or thank you. They act like helping a person is a chore instead or the reason they have a job. The goods your selling is broken, battered and in pieces and yet you want full price for it. What is going on ? If the floor people are a problem, Why hasn't the manager seen it ? Why hasn't the manager seen whats up with the goods ? Do you not have district managers that go around from store to store to make sure things like this don't happen ? Maybe a house cleaning is in order ?

I am only one person and my not shopping at your stores will not change much of anything for you. But Walmart and Kmart both have stores in Morganton and they don't sell their goods in such a shape and I have never once been treated by their floor people the way I was treated by yours. Why on earth would you expect people to ever darken your doors ?

Are you trying to lose what few shoppers you have ? Do you have no pride at all ?

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    if the stores as bad as you say send it.theres no way id go back tho.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I would say send it . If it was me I would send it .

4. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    i think you send it. if the store was taking careof maybe it wouldnt look like a hurricane came thru it..:angry:

5. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I say sleep on it. You might want to reword it later when you are not upset to tone it down. It may go into File-13 or it may be taken seriously, and the wording is what might direct that. Throw in some things about being a long-time customer and point out some good that the store offers. Just a suggestion, I do believe a letter should be sent (maybe not an email that might be filtered by a low-level person who doesn't care). A First Class letter addressed to the store manager (by name) might do better.

I've complained in emails to stores before and never gotten a response. I went to the store and talked to the manager of the store and got a response.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If they're not all that interested in customer service, I can't see them gettin' uptight over an email...:sad2:

7. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    I would have to concur with sending a letter to the manager. Albeit I haven't shopped in a Rose's in over 20 years - they pulled from the market here and just recently opened a store in a questionable area of town. Handwritten letters seem to convey more passion as everybody resorts to emails these days. They may even give you a combo for free depending on the manager's disposition. Make sure you mention your experience at Walmart , that will get their blood boiling.

8. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i didnt even have to read the whole thing, i would send it. as an owner i would want the feedback. because depending on the store, the owner may not be in the same vicinity as the store. also, it could help the management know what the customer is thinking and maybe get them to fix some of the problems in fear that the letter may have made it to the top. more than likely it will do no good and be unread, but on the chance it might i would send it.....

9. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Whether they care or not, your opinion still matters. I would send it without question or hesitation. Hell, I don't even know the place you went to, but i'll send one too if you like. :big_smile:

10. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    im with jeremys every word id def. send it. hopefully that will get the message across to whoever needs to get the message. def. tho id send it.

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Yep, I'd sleep on it then send it. The guy you talked to may not even work there. On the other hand, its fair to them to let the manager know what kind of problems he has, and he should realize whats goin on there, or that improvements need to be made. If he don't then he could be lookin for a new job. If he don't realize that then he deserves it.

There was a store that was notorious for poor customer service, and if someone stood in an aisle looking for a clerk to ask a question of and one saw him, they would go the other way. That store is no longer open. Things don't have to be perfect, but at least they ought to pretend they care.

12. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for all the input. I will send it, but I will also take the advise given and wait and maybe re-write. But just to be clear, I plan to send the e-mail to the home office of the parent company. I have a notion to address it
    "To the only man there that writes his own paychecks"

In my thinking there is no need to speak to the local manager. They are there every day and know whats going on.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Send that puppy, ASAP. They dont know ,if ya dont let em,and if you tell em,You'll at least know you tried.

14. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I waited and then sent it today. Changed it very little. In a matter of a few hours I had a reply. I was told that my e-mail had been passed on to the district manager and gave me a name for him saying he would be in touch.

Time will tell. Thanks again for all the input. I'll keep you posted.
    Marty

15. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I say send it. Theres nothing malicious in the content and just points out some facts of your expierience in they're retail establishment. I give you all these 5 dollar words for free :smile2:

16. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    That's good that they got right back with you. I just found this today, its a short video explaining how to complain well and get results.
    http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...6-47b5-b0be-d59e9ed8cb13&tab=Money Talks News

17. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Maybe they should hire you as the district quality control officer in your area.:wink:

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Put a few cuss words in it and call the employee a few names then send it.

19. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    I would sent it seeing you already wrote it I know I would not be as kind as you are about it That would be the last time I would ever shop there.If it's runs that poorly I would say the heck with them they want be around much longer anyway I know they never get any of my hard earn money

20. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I would not send the e-mail, first off you are wasting your time, and if you do get a response from them it will only make you that much madder.

I would not send the response for 2 reasons. One they know they are selling in inferior product (2nds), and the salesperson you talked with probably was in inferior salesperson, getting an inferior pay. The company bottom line is sell at the highest price, and hire people for the lowest price. The other reason I wouldnt send the e-mail, is eventually with that kind of service people will quit shopping there, it will either a) close the doors, or b) get sales people who will assist you and c) get better products or lower the price on the ones they have.

I use to send e-mails and call, all it does is get you worked up. About 2 years ago, I had a run in with Dell Computers. I spent 4 hours on the phone, to no avail, the only person I talked to was someone in India, and that really made me mad. I had bought close to 6,000 dollars worth of equipment from them prior to this, and was going to purchase another computer for my niece, and since I had changed telephone numbers they couldnt verify it was me, so they wouldnt ship it to me. I guess people in India keep the same telephone number all their lives. In those 4 hours on the phone, I never did speak to anyone without an accent. Needless to say the last computer I bought was an HP.