Upping the options

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by nosnag, Dec 5, 2005.

1. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Weather permitting "doc" mitchell and I are going to explore some holes on the downside of a couple of bridge pilings tomorrow.Been having some success using squid and shrimp lately. Added some garlic salt to them yesterday for an enhancement.Figured that since they seem to like it on the chicken livers so much that maybe they will find these more appetitizing.
    Anyone else tried this too?
    I'll be sure to put in a report on how they worked out.
    Bill

2. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i've had better luck with garlic powder instead of garlic salt i think it works better.......good luck let us know how tou do...........

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Sounds like shrimp scampi :D :D
    I have tried livers,salted livers,and garlic livers all side by side.Haven't done it enough to form an opinion.Seems if fish are present and feeding,they will hit all three.
    I do have better luck with "fresh" shrimp than those that have gone slightly bad.

4. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Went out for about eight hours. "Doc"- six Bill -two. Not a really good day for the test. Doc caught six small channels using threadfins and chicken liver. I had two blackcats one each on the shrimp and squid. Cold and blustery day,mostly overcast. Water temp was 64 degrees I believe. I'll have to give it another try after the holidays. The cold front is giving the fish lockjaw I think.
    Happy holidays to all. Wish that the most you hope for is the least you will receive. :D
    Bill