upper wheeler blue catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by j.bridges, Feb 8, 2009.

1. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Well me and the wife hit the river this evening to enjoy the warm weather and try to catch a few cats....Frist anchor we never had a hit so we headed on down and ran across a spot I had never fished before...It seemed to be holding lots of bait so we drop anchor and gave it a try...we ended up catching a few or I better say my wife caught a few...:eek:oooh:...I sat there and watch her go to work on a couple of blues and the one hit the scales at 42lbs and put up quite a fight...If I am going to get skunked.. I assume get skunked by the wife...blues were caught in 40feet on skipjack...heres some pics...p.s. I didn't notice till we got home put shes got a awful look on her face... I've been giving her a hard time about it..:smile2: so she went to the book of blame and saw where it was my fault:eek:oooh:...she said I was taking to long with the camera and I didn't count down so she would know when to smile...:roll_eyes: nevertheless we got out on the water..enjoyed the the day and got some fish....:wink:

Attached Files:

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Jason tell your wife congrats on some great fish and for taking you to school on how to catch fish:wink::smile2:. Glad you two had a good day on the water.

Tom

3. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congradulations to the Mrs. Thats exactly why my wife doesn't go with me antmore:smile2:.

4. sloride

sloride New Member

State:
    Hartselle, Alabama
    Good looking fish, Jason...the bro-in-law and I hit upper Wheeler (just below Shoal Creek) yesterday afternoon and played with a few white barse.

btw...you need to get a little more of the background scenery in those pics...they'd look sooooo much better. :wink::smile2:

5. Wanda BARNER

Wanda BARNER Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Wanda
    Way to go Mrs. Bridges. Thats fun the way its suppost to be. I think my other half enjoys seeing me catch the fish. Oh, and about that book ive used it for so look I dont even have to look them up.. Good job.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on some nice blues...:cool2:

7. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
  8. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Congrats on the blues Mrs. Bridges....

9. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    way to go Jason....we fished about 3 hrs up there Sat.....with little current, but we found one cat at 41.12 it was in about 25ft.

I'll second Dave on the scenery suggestion, your photos would look so much better...exp. on that new hole..hehe

10. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    I'll be down there in a couple weeks can't wait! Nice blues! Take-Care, Tim

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Nice Bluecats caught by your wife Jason! :cool2: Thanks for the pics! I get blamed also when my wife doesn't like the way she looks in a photo! :wink: :roll_eyes: :smile2:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Those fish would definitely make me smile!

Kudos for taking advantage of the warm spell.

13. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    This weather we're havin' really makes you want to hook up the boat and go. Congrats to you and the wife!

14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the trip report Jason and I am glad your wife caught some nice fish!

15. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Same thing I was thinking, maybe show some of the bluffs and riverbank.

16. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice fish and are you getting any of this rain?

17. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama

THANKS HAROLD...we've been getting a good bit of rain and I love it..the river gets up and the current gets swift....:wink: