Upper Wabash Reservoirs

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anybody hit Huntington, Salamonie, or Mississinewa yet? I typically hit Salamonie the 1st week of April & do real good with the CCF. But with this goofy winter we've had, I heard that some of the reservoirs (Brookville) are up at summer pool right now. I haven't checked out lake levels yet.

Any info?

2. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Check out this website for lake levels: http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/reports/lkreport.html

Not quite summer pool, but getting closer.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    matt you going to fish without me?????? :sad2: lol

good luck down there buddy!

4. ooks

ooks New Member

State:
    Dunkirk IN
    Salamonie and Huntington are still pretty close to winter pool. Missesenawa was at summer pool but back down to about 9 feet from winter pool. Heading up there saturday I called and they said to use red bridge or miami ramps. There catching crappie at 8 feet in back bays. Hope this helps.

5. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the info guys. Scott, thanks for the web site, I had it booked marked on my computer at my old job but just haven't surfed around for it again since I left...you just saved me some time! Thanks!

Earl, thanks too for the info. You been out yet? I had a couple of my students head down there today to fish for CCF. I'll let you know if they were successful.

Riverscum -- fishing without you...I was thinking about it. I'm getting the old '56 running first. Rebuilt the carb tonight, hopefully get get the lower unit seals replaced this week, get some new gas in the tank & I'll be ready to go. Hey, I really want to covert it over to the fuel pump this year. Can I bring it up some weekend so you can help me? Aslo, do you know if Skip has a tiller handle that will fit that motor? I would like to pick one up incase I ever decide to switch over.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    matt did i get you one of those pumps last year? if not ill have to get one off skip. tiller handles are salty sometimes but ill check around for you. just let me know when you want to switch her over. also if you want that spare powerhead or parts from it.(starter, carb......) skip said he mite be interested in it too.

t/c matt stay in touch bud: tim

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I may be interested in the that parts motor. I think the extra one I have is missing a few pieces off the carb some other things. Other than that I think I could get it running too...but its at my folks in Pennsylvania right now. No, I never got a fuel pump from you last year. I remember you saying that Skip had a couple on hand but I never had you get one for me.

Fishing report: My two guys tried Salamonie yesterday and didn't get anything except one hit. But, they're not much for catfishing. They were using chicken livers & dough balls for bait. I told them to try to find some Danny Kings as well as some shad smellin' stuff that tends to work real well for me there.

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Oh Tim, did you see I posted a reply to that article about you & T's ice fishing adventure...Who's got yer back man!

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes, i seen that brother, and its apriciated!