Upper Salt

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Rcaarizona, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Spur of the moment thing. Heading up with a couple guys. Leaving at 5:30, be back around 7am, Fishing the corners, or mud banks/flats.

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Have fun,once again work gets in the way!!LMAO

3. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Sounds like a personal problem LOL

4. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    good luck man i hope u guys get a big1

5. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    good luck rob, wish i could go

6. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
    Rc,
    Please report how you did!

7. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    will be waiting for report! good luck out there

8. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Good luck Guys,

Say Rob, you probably have been to the spot, large suguaro on a hill in that area. My son is coming into town tommorrow and we are thinking about hotel point area on Rosie, shore fishing. Have you guys fished there before?

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Actually no, I do not know Rosie at very much, I know the Upper Salt really well though, all the roads in and out, holes etc.

10. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    caught nothing, no runs at all, Primos caught his PB i think it went a whole 10 OZ. LoL, other than that we had two storms roll in on us. I think Primos had 1 more run, but it got off before shore. The River is unbelieveably low, I was surprised. I stopped by the diversion Dam, and it is super low there as well. The area we were fishing usually we do OK in. The one sand bar south of wher we fish, only had water splitting around the sides, maybe 10 feet wide. No one was at the river, not even the diversion dam, which is also a surprise. The water was also a syrupy thick brown, tons of mud. Oh well, had fun as always. Time to stick with my lower salt spots, they been producing fish.

11. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    sounds like boat time up out of rosie in to the river

12. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I finally got my first flathead!!!!!!! Im going to say he was a FAT 10oz. I didnt break a pound but i got my first flat. About 3:30 i hooked up on cut bait didnt feel big didnt see the fish but it go off about 10 ft away from me and my wife shouldn't have used a 5/0 hook should have kept the 10/0 on. But i got my first flat there goes that barrier now ill hook up good soon! He took worms about 5 min after we got there.

13. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We may not have caught a lot (or anything) but it was still a good time. Truck got stuck out their and it took us two hours to get it out, I will never buy a truck that is not 4X4, even if it has a diff lock, still pissed about that. :angry:.

14. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    LoL, that sucked, but could of been worse.

15. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    You got temporarily delayed,that sucks! I for one never get stuck!!:smile2:

16. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks Brian, next time you're driving lol:wink:. Anyone interested in going to the canal tonight? I was thinking about going if you all are interested.

17. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    I feel the same way I got stuck this summer down at horshoe this summer with no help. It was just my son and I. We had to hitch hike up to the ranger station to use phone... Sucked

18. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    no ball rubbing for luck?

19. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I told em all what it takes, i had no takers, No takers = no fish, but pr1mos i think thought about it, cause he caught a little one. Monsters take mojo LOL

20. fishfun

fishfun New Member

State:
    Arizona
    If I dont catch one soon I may have to give you that MOJO too, but it has to be bigger then 10oz:smile2: