Upper Salt

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Cateyes, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Cateyes

Cateyes New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Headed to the River at 230pm today. Going to get some big flatties hopefully, I will keep you guys posted and take pics. I appreciate all the help, advice and direction.:big_smile_2:

2. DeFZaO

DeFZaO New Member

State:
    Phoenix, az
    Good luck!:big_smile: I'm hoping to catch there soon.

3. Cateyes

Cateyes New Member

State:
    Arizona
    We headed out and grabbed a bunch of bluegill then headed to the river. No flatheads just a few small channels. I didnt even know channels would hit bluegills. Anyway I dont know if we were in the right part of the river so me and pops just headed back hoping for better luck next time.

4. DeFZaO

DeFZaO New Member

State:
    Phoenix, az
    That sucks man, I was hoping to hear you got a huge flathead. I hope my adventure there is entertaining enough to catch channel like you did. What spot did you try on the map? and how big were the channel cats?

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Just an FYI, i went up couple weeks ago, and have had some really hardcore Flatheading friends go up there pass couple weekends, you can forget the diversion dam, you can walk across the carp there, why would flatheads hit your bluegill when they have more than enough carp to eat. My advice go where you dont see a thousand carp heads bobbing out of the water!!!!!! OR catch some small ones and go somewhere else on the river where they arent overloaded with them and fish with them.

6. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Or if the carps are too big, cut one up in chunks and use that... The best bait is a live carp, but they will take them cut up as well.

7. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    some good info on this thread thanks guys.