Upper Salt River

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Cateyes, May 26, 2009.

1. Cateyes

Cateyes New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Quick question... When taking Hwy 288 to the river, once you cross the bridge on back on the river, how far up river do you go? Do you stay on the road or get down by the river to hike up?

2. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hey Charles...most folks will tell you if you cross the bridge you've gone too far. The easiest access is right before the bridge, turning left in a recreation area that provides a few easy access spots to the river, but the smart angler will also try some of the spots that are harder to get to, like just past the bridge...

3. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Whats happening bro? w got to get back together again to catch some toads.

4. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'm looking at friday night...going back out to the spot where your 8/0 hook was straightened out...after our last outing I went out and bought a new saltwater combo...it's all I can think about lately...let me know if you want to join me...

5. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    :wink:man guys me and my buddy need to go out with you guys weve tried several different spots and no luck with flatheads only channel cats

6. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    HAAA, that was classic, @$$ kicking catfishing right there. Heck yeah Ill go, I live out there at that spot, once the river heats up a few more degrees ill be up by sag wading in the water for toads. Ill be there tonight as well.

7. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I should be out to the spot tonight by 9pm or 9:30pm...

8. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Thanks for emailing me those pictures. 2 Flatties 6 and 7 pounders caught last night. I swear the next one under 10 is gonna battered!

9. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona

no problem...good times as always...

10. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey there,dont be sooo stingy with the pics!!LMAO!!:smile2: