Upper Salt river this weekend.

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by pr1mo5, Sep 17, 2008.

1. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    New to this and seeing some nice pix of all of you. i went up to the upper salt river about a month ago and my wife got a 15lb channel on a waterdog. she caught it at eddys wash just before the parking spot and restrooms. does any one know where to go from there or near the to get into the nice flatheads i have a 4x4 and a quad so no place is off limits. let me know if its near the dam or way back in eddys wash farther!:big_smile:

2. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome to the BOC. I have fished the Eads wash area this season and have gotten more familiar with area. I was there last week closer to the lake on the road beyond Eads wash. I was in a thunderstorm for a while, fishing overnight. I did not get any hits throughout the night. Keep in mind with the water level dropping Eads wash may not be the place to go now. To get to where i stayed overnight continue on the Eads wash road appr. 1/4 mile, the road will make a left, you will pull into a short road with a[ no vehicles beyond this point] sign. You will be a 100 yards from the river. As i say I do not know if this time of year, water levels, etc. if this spot will produce. It is a nice spot for shore fisherman. You will need your 4-wheel drive after the turn [probably]one touchy spot. Good Luck and welcome

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Welcome to the BOC Matthew, I have not fished rosie for flatties yet. There are many here that can help you with rosie "lake or River.'' Good luck to you and happy hunting.

4. galactic

galactic New Member

State:
    arizona
    hopefully the river will be getting better as the rains have died down, ive been there a few times before the summer and last month just a lil channel, but didnt fish at night for a long time, so mabee thats why? being on the lake all day made me tired, but i think, all up and down that river ive heard and seen people catching, so its hard to say were exactly, but i would guess closer to the lake would be the best ???:wink: ive tried to find roads to get close to rosie, no luck yet i guess the no side of the river is closed for eagle nesting