upper salt above rosie???

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by frontier13, Jul 27, 2009.

1. frontier13

frontier13 New Member

State:
    arizona
    has anyone been out lately, last i heard the carp were to thick to do any good but my fishing buddy and i are chompin at the bit so going down sat and sun any help???

2. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I have heard they are just thick at the diversion Dam, plenty of river to fish between the diversion dam and Roosevelt where the carp are not so thick.

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Shane, I had tried to give Drew a couple of thoughts of that area and they didn't pan out apparently. Less fishing pressure on main lake. Good Luck!

4. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I was up there all weekend, went to the dam to get some carp had no luck, water was really low there could walk in the water up to my hips all the way down the dam and back infront of it, went to rosie caught alot of bluegill went back up to edds wash area it was really packed with people. so i went to the pool where we caught the 15lb channel last year and ended up fishing there with 8 poles out we only had 1 run and it wasn't nothing to speak of. People came gave us attitude almost ended up in a big fight so we ended up leaving about 5 am. If you get a boat and start from schoolhouse at rosie you might just go up river till the powerlines cross the river drop achor there and have fun. hope this helps!?!?!?!

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Matthew orry to hear your trip went sour, That area does get crowded middle of summer.
    Shane, may want to check out Tonto end indian point, just a thought.

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Man, catting and attitudes dont mix. Sorry to hear about that. Always another day.

B

7. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I know we went to a spot i have been before and has enough room for 50 poles in the water, we got there seen them and asked them if it was cool if we fish a little down from them (about 40 yards away from them) they said its fine they where just out there drinking and getting out of the heat... ( i thought that was funny because its not much difference up there) so we posted up everything was good, they came over and talk a little bit then after about 3 hours of nothing i checked my bait casted back out about 30 feet from their lines everything was cool my buddy did the same check his line and casted the complete othere way and they blew up saying we are invading and casting over them (when for about 40 min before this they realed in both of there lines so they had nothing out). I dont know about people on here but i carry a side arm on me when i go out they started saying they had guns and knives and was going to teach us a lesson. So when ur out there relaxing and someone does this your attitude and maddness goes way up and since they where drinking we just packed up since that would be the best thing to do. while we where packing up they kept saying stuff. But when 3- 20year old dudes and 3 girls are drinking getting high and saying they have guns and knives stuff like that we figured it could get bad. I dont run from nothing but kids that dont have nothing to loose and been drinking and stuff its best to leave.

8. frontier13

frontier13 New Member

State:
    arizona
    nice i love people sometimes... but were hittin it up this sat and sunday so look out for results

9. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That sucks. I wouldn't call it running. You made the right coice to leave.
    Don't you wish some days were clint eastwood movies and you could just shoot them all? They are not worth all you have and will ever have. You made the right choice leaving. If it was like AZ 100 years ago, you would of had alot of chum for the night. :big_smile:

10. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    yeah..... that would have been great! what i wanted to do after they where being pri*ks is wait til they are about to cast out and when their bait hits the water let off about 12 rounds towards their bait and tell them now thats close! yeah does anyone know around the upper salt area where you can go and not worrie about people and still a good hole??? Also is their any good spots at bartlett from the bank? Where we where is eddys wash where the outhouse is just right before that. There is always people there and sometimes i have luck but most of the time there is to many people. I want to get out there with Rob on the lower salt but i just dont have the rig to go out with him lol... My gear got stolen and now i just have a big spinning real on a 7ft rod with 80lb on it works ok just afraid to hook onto a 40+.

11. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Dont hesitate to go out with Rob,dont worry bout the equipment!!That will come in time!!I keep fishin with my $20 wal-mart specials,cant wait to see one of those fish disenegrate that reel in my hand!!:smile2: Rob is just a little hard core about his equipment,just ask his son!LMAO:smile2:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  12. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    lol... yeah my set up is like $80 from basspro, I had my nice set up good rod and my penn reel but i went snake hunting about 2 months ago and broke down took off walking for water and when i came back my gear was gone. i always keep my gear close to me because i never know when im going out of not. Yeah i just need to go out there he hooks up everytime he goes out probably the best catfisherman i have ever talked to. i was into bass fishing but going out catching fifty 1-2lb bass just isn't as fun as catching 1-2 10+ cats... im sure you guys know what i mean... And Rob is like me keep the drama at home and dont say the f word in every sentence. let go relax listen to country music and CATCH US SOME FLATHEADS!

13. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Got whipped last night and this AM, Went out with truword (just met him, super cool guy) and bigfisher, we hit a spot, no runs or anything. Then around 4 am Bigfisher hooked into a monster, 25 minute fight, and he wrapped him around something, and broke off. Highly diappointing because he was a monster. but then again that was on his bass Rod with 12 pound test. LoL, But hell thats fishing!!!!! Me and brianthelion have gotten skunked at some of my spots too, in fact a lot of times LOL. my whole goal in life is to get Brian on a flattie that destroys his walmart $20 pole and reel!!!!!!!!Oh yeah i swear that Flatehads like a lil johnny cash playing low

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  14. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yes I am LoL! I just hate big fish getting away, and you have seen us hook into monters that even made my line snap! in fact i think Overkil has too LMAO, cause I remember almost being decapitated by him when the line broke!!Too much fun.

15. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that very night is what keeps me motivated....like a movie playing over and over in my mind...

16. AzHeadHunter

AzHeadHunter New Member

State:
    Arizona

Hey Rob,

Thanks man for the good time. I guess I missed all the action. Yeah, last night was cool and it was great to finely meet the "Famous Rcaarizona" and the "Kid Bigfisher". Well as they say the big one got away. Next time we won't get whipped, we'll have them cats by the whiskers fighting for their lives. LOL

17. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Which one? me being decapitaed or line breaking?????lol

18. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ

19. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    haha...the line breaking :smile2:

20. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    This is too funny and true. When they ask me if they mind if they fish next to me, i usually say, "i wouldnt do it you" But nine out of ten times they end up fishing anyways. What really pisses me off, is when I trout fish from the bank of the salt river, and fly fishermen, see you catching fish, and walk right in between you and who you are fishing with, wade out in the water right in front of you, stop 30-45 feet right where you were catching fish, with their back turned towards you, and start fishing. Or the ones in the water start to converge on your spot once they see you catching. So I always tell my son, lay low and be queit if you start catching them. This is VERY common on the salt river, and it gets my goat everytime.[/QUOTE]

but the real question is would you snatch the fly rod out of his hands and break it to pieces over your knee...inquiring minds want to know :smile2: