Upper Osage river snagging 3-19-09 "taberville"

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by streamer78, Mar 20, 2009.

1. streamer78

streamer78 Member

State:
    Missouri
    Headed up to the Osage today. I hadn't heard any reports from up there yet so I called up Dane's. The man I spoke with said the best snagging had been from taberville on up river. I thought it was to early for them to be up that far and debated on going to Roscoe. Well, if they had been up there then this cold front put them in reverse! I fished from Five miles above Taberville, to about 4 miles below Taberville "Clear Creek".
    From Taberville on up: I'm not sure I graphed a fish big enough for me to identify as a legal spoonbill. Pretty much a complete waste of time!
    Taberville down to Clear Creek: The farther down river I went, the more large fish I graphed! I graphed a few decent fish just below Clear creek, but couldn't manage to hit one. That was about the only place I saw more than one keeper size fish on the graph at once! They were not very congregated yet!
    If I were to go tomarrow, I would go somewhere near Roscoe. The closer I got to it from up river, the more large blips started to appear on the sonar!

Hope this helps someone out!

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Need a warm rain that makes the river come upa little and warm weather,
    I would say, a little early for upper end, grew up in Taberville area, long time ago.:smile2:
    Jim

3. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
  4. cocatfish

cocatfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any spoons caught up in Oceola. I am heading up that way this weekend. Will be on the water Friday night or early Saturday morning.

5. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Was at Dains last Thurs. They had several pic. of spoonbill, 60+lb.
    Didn't ask if they came from up or down, pick up some minnows, about crappie time. also the river will be rising, for a few days, due to rain.
    Jim

6. Snagmanmikejordan#

Snagmanmikejordan# New Member

State:
    missouri
    THanks for the information, hopefully we can get some good sized fish:smile2: