Upper Marion

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Foxhound, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fished out of State Park area Sunday after huge cold front blew through......water temps dropped five degrees from last week.......no live bait to be had anywhere in Santee......caught a few fish but not like last week. Now for the bad news, beware while running river channel between markers 124/125.........one bad ass gotcha right in the channel, stopped us dead in the water....took out part of lower unit and transducer. Appears to be a large piece of steel (maybe a submarine) about a foot under the water. Spent rest of weekend and today pouting and drinking twelve ounce relaxatives.

2. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    thanks for the report. sorry to hear about the boat.

3. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    Ken sorry you had tough luck. At least you did catch some fish.

I trying to get up to the lake maybe by Wednesday. I was going today but had to change plans.

Jim

4. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i will be down thursday if every thing gos right if not soon as can get there im going to find kens lower unit that was a big fish he hit ironhead cat with the water down nowhere in the upper lake is safe but the fishing should be about right maybe see some of you down on the lake prob stay for a while.roundhill lets catch some bigguns.

5. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    Man those were some expensive fish. Sorry about the boat.

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Santee got my lower unit in Sept. of last year right when the water really started getting low so I feel your pain Foxhound.

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    :sad2:bad news indeed,hope ya want be outta commision too long,good luck with the repairs