Upper Marion in the winter?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by harper81, Dec 27, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I am trying to find some new water to fish. As much as I love Wateree, it takes too long and too much gas to get to the "good" (Ducthman's and above) fishing grounds. I can get to Pack's Landing on Marion in less than 45 min., but I never see any reports from that end of the lake in the winter. Anybody got any word's of wisdom?

2. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I would just drive on to Manning and go to Randolphs and fish the trees. They usually start in Dec and on into Feb. I guess you can go by river and just go on beond 95 bridge till you get to the Lost forest:smile2: Just tie up to a tree and throw out. Move every 10-15 min, but be careful, there are a lot of tree just beneth the water. Stump jumping is fun and productive once they move into the tree's. If you know any guides ask. Are if you are on the lake on the wk end and see the tree's full of boats, its on

3. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    bill dean is right the trees can be productive this time of year just dont get stuck to long on one spot randolphs would be a good place to put at

4. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    This time of the year you need to be fishing in the trees out from the dam.

5. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    That's about what I figured. Sumter is so nicely located in between all these great lakes, but the good fishing is on the end the farthest away from me on every lake. :sad2:

6. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I know what you mean Bill. I live so far away by time i hear the bite is on, i get there a week to late Don't worry though its just a matter of time and they will be at Packs and above and then you will located in the best area.