Upper LOZ report Monday 08-06-07

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went out Monday below the dam fishing a few of the spots that I usually fish from my boat and had good results. The bite was off and on, I fished from 1 PM to 8PM in the heat. Caught several cats, biggest was 58 pounds, second was 33 pounds, and a few in the 20's also. Funny thing though, I kept a few smaller ones and the 12 pounder I cleaned still had eggs so I have to wonder if the bigger fish I caught were still holding eggs. They had big bellys so either they were eating good or were still full of eggs. The 12 pounder was the largest fish I kept. Chris

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Way to go Chris. That was a great day for sure. I'm sure you earned it in the heat weve been having. Last year we noticed the spawn was doing the same thing, really spread out for a couple of months and more. Makes ya wonder what we really know about it.....

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Chris,

GOOD GOD MAN!!!!! Post some pics.

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

4. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I'd love to post pics off all the fish but I only have a picture of the 33 pounder. If my dog could take pictures I'd be set since she's usually the only one fishing with me. I weighed the 58 pounder and then tried to call a friend that lives in Warsaw to meet me at the Harbor for a picture but he was away from his phone and there were no other people that I could flag down for a pic. I was afraid to put it on a stringer while I waited on someone to come by so I just called said thanks, then let it back its happy home for another day of battle. I called him again when I caught the 33 pounder which was my last fish so me met me at the ramp where I got the picture. It swam off fine and I didn't have it out of the water very long. I'll try and post it tonight when I get home from work. I guess I could have taken a picture of it laying on the floor of the boat but that really doesn't do the fish any justice. Chris

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You need one of them tripod thingys and a camera that can be triggered.

Wait! I need one of those too. When you get one I'll just borrow yours.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good to hear there still swimming for the next time. Hope they weigh twice as much when you catch them again. I will send ya a pm with my number, if you ever need me to I'm only about 5 minutes from the dam and if I can would be happy to run over and take some pics for ya.
    I did get a new digital this year and it has a 10 sec. timer just in case I'm out alone and need some pics.

7. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Here's a pic of the 33 pounder before I let it go at the Harbor. I also took a funny picture of my dog Angel watching her pole as the clicker was starting to go off. Kind of funny, she was trying to decide if it was a real bite or just the current. She's all about fishing and actually tries to catch them when she can. Oh, also the pic of my crash in Wheatland on the way home. A guy almost hit me head on and when I swerved to avoid being hit the boat whipped, pulled my Durango out of control, and then rolled off the trailer which destroyed all of my fishing stuff, I mean everything including the battery for the boat. The guy stopped and admitted fault which I really appreciated. His insurance agent called today and said that they were going to take care of it after I send a list of all damaged property. The boat is goinjg to Blue Springs Marine on Friday so they can get an idea of what needs to be done. Sorry, left the crash part out of the story, negative stuff SUCKS! Chris

Attached Files:

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Wow that does sux about the wreck Chris. Glad your ok and hope you get the boat fixed soon and are able to replace all your gear. Thanks for the pics.

9. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I'm glad no one got hurt...though that's a real bummer about all the damages.

But I can see it already: "The accident made my boat four feet shorter!!"

10. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Its usually bigger than that.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

I've always heard about 'shrinkage', is this what they are talking about?:eek:oooh:

Man, I'd hate for my boat to shrink.:crazy:

11. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Not being nosy or nothing , But if your from Oak Grove how did you have a wreak in Wheatland on your way home from Warsaw?
    :cool2:

12. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I have a lake house at Pomme de Terre and went back there after fishing at Warsaw and was on the way from Nemo to Oak Grove. Chris

13. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry for your misfortune. Hope you don't feel like you were being interrogated. I have Family that lives in Oak Grove. Good Luck, Hope you get your equipment replaced and get back to fishing soon.

14. unclebill85

unclebill85 New Member

State:
    Lee's Summit, Missouri
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: It also knocked some of the hp out of my motor...Man, don't get it! It was 70 and now for some crazy reason it is only 50...Better get that one cleared up :wink:

Sorry to hear about this, glad you are ok and getting your stuff replaced... At least the guy stopped and HAD INSURANCE!