Upper Lake Pleasant report 5-13-07

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by az cat hunter, May 14, 2007.

1. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Took my boys to the table mesa exit around 3:00am sunday.We caught around 10-12 stripers, 5 channel cats and 3 Lm bass!!!Great morning on the water,lite wind,and shad being worked all day.The cats were all around 3-4lbs and caught on live shad,except one that I caught on a big jig.Thats 2 cats on jigs in the last few weeks for me.They must be hungry cause the ones we caught on shad, ate em up before they hit the bottom.The stripers are hitting good on shad style plugs in white or silver.My Lm bass were small,but fun anyway.We did get the bronco stuck for the first time,so be careful when launching,the lake is back down!!

2. badgmc

badgmc New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Az Cat hunter,
    I am heading up to pleasant this monday. Any hints on where to find the cats?

3. badgmc

badgmc New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have caught quite a few Stripers last fall from pleasant but never really tried pursuing the cats.

4. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    the back of castle creek is a good place to start.Also the tires are pretty good.If no boat,just north of the upper ramp,in the first cove is good.

5. stinkylepew

stinkylepew New Member

State:
    Arizona and Iowa
    I fish the area around the ten lane boat ramp from shore. i want to say its the east side of the parking lot the path behind the restrooms. My daughters and i go out there about 3 times a week. thursday night we cought 11 cats and about 7 stripers on anchovies and chicken liver. Some cats around the 8-10 pound range the smallest was 3 pounds. The fishing has been excellent there for the past 6 weeks.