Upper Lake Norman May 02

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bigbaldcountryboy, May 2, 2008.

1. Bigbaldcountryboy

Bigbaldcountryboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Spent to first half of the day fishing with my new fishing partner Justin. We caught 60 bluegill on crickets and had a blast. We fished 2 spots this evening using our bluegills for bait. First area was up in a shallow cove and caught a 8lb right off the bat. A few minutes later 2 guy's came up on us with ski boats and thought it was funny to be doing donuts where we were fishing,right on top of our lines. I was nice(kinda) and asked them to back off and all that did was make them act more like jerks. Worst part is these guy's were in their mid 40's and should have more respect for others. I had my cell so I called the DW and they were there in 5 minutes and caught the guy's in the act. We moved to another spot ( shallow water) and ended up with 6 blues totaling 55lbs. We only fished for a total of 2 1/2 hours. Found it kinda strange because the most common thing they had in their stomachs was tree bark,never seen that before. They also had bluegill's, mussles, and a 5" mister twister tail. Fishing is getting good guy's get out there and get your lines in the water.!!

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Glad to hear that you took justin back out again and glad to hear that you all caught you all some fish im sure justin enjoyed his self, your right crickets is a great bluegill bait glad to hear you all had some luck keep up the good work.

3. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    nice catch going to try it tommorow our river cats r spawing & hard to find it will be nice to just be out there

4. tigman

tigman New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Bob, I am sorry to here of the passing of your mother and our prayers are with you. Congrats on your new fishing partner.

5. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    OK Im envious of you now Bob. You gonna have him hooked into one of them big boys yet! Congrats on a great day. As for the pleasure boaters....... be a "SHAME" if one of those 2oz. lead weights were to hit them in the noggin! :tounge_out: