upper Lake Norman 4/9/09 - Caught 6 Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bill Smith, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Bill Smith

Bill Smith New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Fished in Terripin Creek from 2:00 pm until 5:00. Water temp was 58 to 60 degrees and the wind was a pain in my... Caught 6 blues, 13, 9.5, 7, and 3 small ones. Lost another nice one right under the boat. Caught fish on cut bluegill and shad in the main creek channel in 30 feet of water. Wanted to catch some white perch for bait but had no luck.

Also fished at the State Park but no luck. The wind was really blowing the boat around and could not get a slow drift. Had to keep the trolling motor going fast to counter the wind. State crews are working on the new boat ramps and are pumping muddy water into the lake. The whole lower end was mud red. Don't know if thats why no fish or they just were not there.

I'm looking forward to water temps in the 65 degree range. Almost time to tear them up.

2. deepwoods

deepwoods Member

State:
    north carolina
    The opening to Terripin creek is a great fishing spot. In fact the entire creek is great. I go to the back end of it, there is is big deep area at the end after the button hook that is a great place to catch cats and to cast for bait.

I swear every other dock in that creek has dumped trees off the end. I am not a regular crappie fisherman but when I do this is the spot. I buzzed through there one afternoon this winter looking for holes and I was amazed on the number of "artifical reefs" I came across.