Upper Lake Norman 10/22/09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by baitnwait, Oct 22, 2009.

1. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Work was slow so the boss sent me home for the rest of the week. I took advantage of it to hit the lake for the first time since Labor Day week when I was last layed off. Dense fog kept me from going far at daybreak but actually ended up working in my favor. I trolled 30 to 35 feet of water where I'd marked white bass schools starting out with frozen gizzard shad. I added fresh bass fillet later. The biggest fish seemed to like it. With that and a jigging spoon the grand total was 4 bass, 3 stripers, about a dozen white perch and 10 cats. The three biggest was 13, 31, and 34lbs. I think I can deal a case of the "layoff blues" like that!

Attached Files:

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Nice looking fish's congrats, best way i know to spend the day!!:big_smile:

3. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    nice fish congrats.:big_smile:

4. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sounds like a good day not working . Congrats on the great trip . :big_smile:

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Those are some nice blues, especially for Norman!

6. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    Man those are some nice fish!!! Pretty Work

7. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice trip. Congrats

8. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Where you fishing the islands? Last year about this time I had some remarkable luck north of the last island and the Bridge. As it got cooler it never produced.

9. baitnwait

baitnwait New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Jeff, I was farther down the lake. Can't say just where due to the close proximity to a spot shown to me by a friend. Before I left the lake I did circle around near the islands and marked plenty of bait and fish and even jigged up a couple of small stripers from a passing school.

10. deepwoods

deepwoods New Member

State:
    north carolina
    This is the time of year I see a bunch of boats in the main channel in front of the "big cabin" across from the entrance to the state park. I have not fished the area but it marks a bunch of fish. I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck there. The north end has lots of good spots I am glad to see a report for the area it seems as if the south end attracts more fishermen. 90% of my fishing is north of the 150 bridge (I live in the islands area).

Great report hope to see you out there. I do not fish much during deer season but I will be down some in November.
    J