Upper Lake Marion reports?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, May 30, 2009.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Has anyone been fishing on the upper lake in the past week or two? I don't fish up that way much, and haven't heard too many reports either. What's the scoop? A lot of the fish should be back near the channel drops by now.

2. Yeah Tommy, i've been wondering that myself. I haven't been lately and wondering if there are any still left in shallow at night. I'll be doing some fishing next weekend and would like to put my daughter on a few fish. any help would be great.

3. Well, i tried my luck this sunday morning at lake marion. did a little drifting
    around the rocks pond area and got six cats. 4 blues and 2 channels but not much size to them which was'nt too bad since thats the size i prefer to eat and fillet for that matter. caught lots of good bait off dock
    (threadfin shad, big shad, white prch,bream, shiners), little bit of everything. caught fish in 15'-28' deep. water temps were 77 degrees.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Sometimes catching the bait is more fun than the fishing. :smile2::big_smile:How did you catch the bait rod&reel or castnet?

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    upper marion caugt 5 fish over 25lbs and a lot more between 10-20 lbs looking foward to the carolina catman tourney on the 27th see yall there also we fished from 6am to 2pm then rained out

6. castnet. we have 2 birds ,one blue herron and one white egret that my dad has named bridget. he reguraly feeds them from the castnet so when they saw me casting they thought it was dinner time. i put my bait in a big bucket under our covered fish sink and bridget thought she would help herself to a bait buffet.:crazy: thankfully i covered them before she downed
    too many of them. live and learn i guess.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have had them go right on the boat and push the lid off the livewell which I leave open a little so it can get fresh air and help themselves.They are really bad about this around Harrys and Canal lakes.Cant get to mad they are just fishing in a smaller more productive spot..:big_smile::crazy::smile2:

8. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    On our way down in the morning, has anyone got a report on the night fishing in the canal or lower lake? Thank's