Upper Ft. Gibson.& robert s kerr

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by bulethed, Aug 24, 2009.

1. bulethed

bulethed New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    My wife and i camped at chouteau bend this weekend,we fished the river north and south of there a couple miles each way. the fishing was horrible with a high barometer and east wind:angry: The temps were very nice and we had a couple t-bones over a wood fire. All in all not a total loss.

Last night we went to robert s kerr l&d.........arived at 7 pm and fished till 12 midnight. she caught 3 blues and i got a big ole goose egg. They had 10 floodgates open and it was a bit spooky to be out in it, we used a 6 oz sinker to keep a small bait on bottom. i can see right now i wont go back there without a anchor bouy, you couldent turn a big fish in that current so a fast method to way anchor will be a must. Some guys that i talked to at the ramp as we were leaving said they caught a 40 lb blue right where i was fishing.........oh well, it would wave broke me off anyhow.

good luck to all and be safe on the water. bill.

2. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Welcome Bill to the BOC, good report, better than mine since I have not been, But thats gonna change after the labor day crowd leaves!:wink:

3. okiefishkiller

okiefishkiller New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    next time yall go to 'showtoe been' try going alittle further upstream to the low water dam. usually do alittle better with cut shad