Upper Endoscopy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I got it today. Was a breeze. They said I had a Hiatal Hernia, and possibly Barrett's Esophagus. They did a biopsy and said they would call me with the results. Looks like I'm gonna have to cut down on the soda pops, pizza, and all that good spicy stuff.

2. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    I have the same thing Grumpy, they put me on prevacid and poof no more heart burn!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Grumpy,
    Glad all turned out well for you. Those are things you can live with and not worry. You just have to adjust your diet and take meds if they apply to your situation.

Thanks for the update! Now, it was really a piece of cake, wasn't it?

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mark,

Yes, they are a snap. I've had three many years ago when I had a bleeding ulcer. To me the worse was the stuff he sprayed in my throat. The first time was to seal the hole, later went back to see if the ulcer had healed. Next time (year later) for a biopsy to see if I had the stomach bacteria that causes ulcers. They had just found out that ulcers are caused from a bacteria.

Good luck with that Hiatal Hernia!

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Glad all turned out OK.I hope the results turn out well.peewee-williams

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I've got the same thing as well, Grumpy. Doc put me on Nexium (it actually promotes healing of the esophagus) and no more problems with any foods :)

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm always a bit leery of doctors telling me that such and such is bad for me. In 1968 I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and told I would have to go on a diet and really stay on it...not to lose weight, but to stay away from certain foods. I was given two lists: one a list of foods that "wouldn't" hurt me; and a second list of foods that "would" hurt me. I quickly found that about half the foods on the "wouldn't" list did hurt me, despite what the docs said. And it didn't take much longer to find that about half the foods on the "would" list didn't hurt me at all. I even found out that when I had a flare up, eating a pizza with a MODERATE amount of red pepper on it actually helped me. When I told my doc about that, he called me a liar right to my face. Somewhere around 5-10 years back, I read about a new discovery...that moderate amounts of red pepper can actually help ulcerative colitis patients. Ain't science wonderful?

8. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Now if they could come out with diet food that looked and tasted like pepperoni pizza and the more you ate, the more you lost, I would be skin and bones within a week.