upper end of Smith Mountain Lake?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jmundy1, Jun 14, 2009.

1. jmundy1

jmundy1 New Member

State:
    VA
    Anybody catfishing the upper end of the lake, say from Hardy Bridge up to the old Explore Park? I used to bowfish through there a lot but never fished it. Thanks.

2. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    ive caught some flatties and channels above hardy this year. nothing big mostly 5-12 pounds.
    chip

3. bearman3176

bearman3176 New Member

State:
    Natural Bridge
    THEY SAY THATS PRETTY MUCH THE BEST SPOT TO CATCH THEM IM GONNA TRY IT MYSELF

4. jmundy1

jmundy1 New Member

State:
    VA
    Thanks for the info. I'm just looking for some new spots I can fish safely from my kayak at night.

5. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    if you put in at hardy landing and go right out of the cove, around the first bend to the right there is alot of good cover and shallow water on the right side. it's not that far too for a kayak. just make sure you some lights on your boat. recently i've run up on several boats, mostly bass boats runniong around with no lights on. last weekend 2 guys in a small jonboat were anchered a little ways out from the landing and the only light they had was a lantern on th efloor of the boat. plus the gamewarden has been in that area the last 2 weekends at night, they've also been going upstream from hardy. let us know how you do.
    chip