Upper East Tennessee

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MBeggs, Feb 7, 2007.

1. MBeggs

MBeggs New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Anyone fish cherokee for blue cat's? I occassionally fish Watts Bar and Chickamauga, but I live near Rogersville. Anyone got any blue cat stories about this area. I always end up striper fishing around here, but I love those big cats!!!

2. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i have never fished cherokee but my son lives near it. he only fishes for ba$$ but he is always complaining about them big blues hitting his crank baits. i think his biggest on a crank bait is 32 pounds. he usually catches one or two every tournament.

3. MBeggs

MBeggs New Member

State:
    tennessee
    That sounds pretty good. I know the twra has stocked a few blues in cherokee over the last few years. Ill give it try! Ill let you know how I do.

4. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    I live in Virginia but me and my family go to rogersville and fish for catfish almost every weekend. There is a little bait shop called Rickers across Hugh B Day bridge. If you will go down there and ask about the fishing you usually get the truth unless its the owner of the baitshop ( james ) and he is usually jus trying to sell stuff to ya.. but some of the locals who sit around and drink coffee... there the ones you want to talk to. They should tell you where the fish are biting and not only catfish.. but walleye and crappie too.
    Paul