Upon further review...

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by mrmarkedwards, Feb 2, 2009.

1. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    I'm not liking shakespeare as much as i used too. let me explain, a few months ago i broke an uglystik :crazy: no problem they have a warranty:embarassed:. so i call them and explain that i bought the rod from a shop that was going out of business and i had my my bank statement to prove that. i was told too bad no reciept na warranty no problem a after explaining what happened to a friend of mine that owns a baitshop he said he"ll take care of it 2 weeks later he calls me and says he has a new rod for me i decided i'd pay for the new and keep the old one(spare rod parts) and register for the warranty on the new one. now here's where the love ends in order to be covered by the warranty i have to send the reciept(no problem) and 7.50 for a 5 year warranty on a rod that was made in china? what happened to them standing behind their product? thats why i only have 1 shakespeare thank god okuma and allstar(imagine that shakespeare bought them a couple of years ago) don't act like this.

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a mess !!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

3. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Sorry to hear about that. I wouldn't of sent the in either, not when they are made in China

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    What good is a lifetime warranty if you have to have a receipt? Who keeps a fishing rod receipt for 20 years?

Every company uses that lifetime warranty to sell their products. Most are not worth the hassle it takes to get something replaced. If you have ever tried to get a snap-on man that you have never bought tools from to replace a tool under warranty you know what I mean. They throw an absolute fit about it because you don't buy anything from them. The best warranty I have seen is craftsman. You walk into sears with your broken tool and walk out with a new one, no questions asked.

5. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    people may not like them but god bless okuma! over the last 4 years i have broken a 12ft solaris 3 times and evertime i can them and explain what i do they send me another and all i have to do is pay for shipping. a couple of years ago a shark strpped the gears in my original epixor i called them and sent it to them 2 weeks later a guy calls me and says we can fix it or replace it with a reenforced model for 10 dollars i chose the newer model turns out the 10 dollars was for shipping again. then theres allstar/breakaway i had a rod explode into 5 pieces crazy thing was we had it on tape sent the rod and emailed the clip to them and 3 weeks later i got a new rod with a handwritten letter daring me to do it again its been 2 years and counting.

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Sorry to hear about that

7. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats pretty funny

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for this post,

I purchased 2 Solaris Surf 12' casting models a couple of years ago and I really like them. I broke the top half of one and have been trying to decide the best way to get a replacement top half. I would have no problem paying for it. Sounds like Okuma is pretty legit, I also need a replacement handle for an Avenger I have sitting around. I would appreciate a number to call for Okuma,if you don't mind. Once again thanks for this info.

9. mrmarkedwards

State:
    Delaware
    Alton,
    here you go

OKUMA FISHING TACKLE CORP.
    2310 E. Locust Court, Ontario CA 91761
    Tel: 909-923-2828
    Fax: 909-923-2909
    1-800-GO-OKUMA, 1-800-466-5862

10. jms43