Upland bird hunting---dove

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by riverbud55, Aug 23, 2006.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    well guess i'll start a thread on dove hunting for this year, not sure if it post here, seems to me we need a section on upland bird hunting, got a section on everything else being in small game makes no sence to me, but who knows, i would think there,s a lot of bird hunters in here. On the old board there was a section called "bird hunting"

Any way going to be hunting in blythe CA this year as always, got a lot of birds out there right now with the white wings out numbering the morning dove by a lot, also seeing some big ringnecks for the first time ever. Got some large wheat feilds that are bringing them in, dfg has also planted feilds with milow a other grains in diffrent areas, looks to be a good year for the dove. also seeing large numbers of quail for later on

only a week left

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    I KNOW ONE THING

ONCE SEASON STARTS ILL BE DOIN SOME BACKYARD BIRD CONTROL!!!

YUMMY

never ate dove but there is a first for everything

I CANT WAIT

i even learned how to call a dove with my bare hands!!
    it works GREAT TOO

Jeff

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

good luck I hope you bag out everytime.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I had a couple spots but for various reasons there weren't any sunflowers planted on either of them so I probably won't get to go this year.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well i'll miss out on opening weekend ,i'm taking my wife to OK.to visit her fam. but i cant wait to limber up the shotguns yea.all 3 of them particularly the 410.pump but i wont let my auto-5 20 or my 12ga ithica pump be left out either cant wait for bbq dove