Upgrade on my Fishing Noodles.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Apr 16, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I added some reflective tape to the fishing noodles, I should be able to see them better at night.

Attached Files:

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    thats a good idea.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Verlon ; what diameter r your noodles ?

4. Fetmo

Fetmo New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Looks cool Top!

I have a white reflective tape i use on my noodles. i put the tape on then i write my ID information on that then cover that with a clear packaging tape works really well. I also put duct tape on the other end where i tie my line on. prevents my line from cutting in to the noodle.
    I have great friend down in Bossier city SgtRob, he uses pvc pipe inside his noodles. they are really heavy duty. but much more expensive to make.

Fetmo

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Dickie, All of my noodles came from wal-mart,I have not measured them. They came put together by the vendor that sells to wal-mart.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Top if I can remember it, I will bring you 4 or 5 more like those. I have them someone throwed them out in the parking lot. I think there was 14 of them. Gave most away and the ones left I will bring to you next month.
    Pete

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    thanks for the reply ; o by the way if u r missing a twin brother i know where he is ,your avitar pic looks just like a good friend of mine

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Pete, that will be great, I love to keep things like that.

9. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Noodles are really fun to fish with. I just finished retrofitting my noodles with 3" sections of old aluminum arrows. I was given a bunch of pool noodles and had my line running through one end & used electrical tape to prevent tears. I how have the lenghts of arrow pushed through one end of the noodle and a ziptie through the aluminum shaft holding it on the noodle. My line is now tied around the arrow shaft inside the noodle. Still using electrical tape as an added precaution. Red and silver reflective tape circle the opposite end.

Do any of you change out the lengths of line regularly for variations in depth, do you simply rig different sets of noodles, or do you even bother?

10. Corndogg69

Corndogg69 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I noticed you use noodles to fish. I don't use noodles, but I paint 2 liter bottles and use them. I am always scared to jug fish the arkansas, especially when there is current. How do you fish the river without losing your noodles. Do you fish in the coves? Do the noodles stay in the coves or backwater?

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Robert, I WILL NOT put my noodles out on the river, I find me a flat and go from there, I am in an area on the river that has a bunch of flats. you are correct the current would take all your noodles.