updates?

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by screamnreels, Nov 29, 2009.

1. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    How would i know about updates for my 788ci and where would I get them?

Thanks

Chris

2. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went to Humminbird's website and here's what I found:
    1. You must have a product which is software updateable. This would include any Matrix, 700, 900 or 1100 Series products.
    2. You must register that unit in the Support section of our website at this link: http://www.humminbird.com/support/.
    3. Once you have registered the serial number all software available for that product will be made available to you through the My Profile Section. From there you can see the lastest software revision number to compare to your unit along with My Humminbird Software and any other files that may be available to you based on the product you have registered.
    Hope this helps.

3. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    I also have a new 788ci unit. After registering your unit you set up a logon profile. When you log onto the site it will automatically show any updates for your unit. The first download is a Hummingbird program that lets you downlaod your routes and waypoints so you can name and edit them.

There is also a software update for the 788ci, it is version 4.700. You will need to purchase a sd card and will need a card reader for your computer. You download the update to your sd card, turn on your unit, install the card and it will ask you if you want to over write the old version. My unit had version 4.750 so I said not to update because I have the newer software, HB customer service said that was the right move, so make sure you don't overwrite a newer version with older version software. I log onto the site every two or three weeks just to see if there is anything new for my unit.

Hope I haven't confused you. Good Luck

Jayhawkokie
    Groce, OK

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009