Update on the Abu Garcia 6600 SC3

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by vini, Jun 4, 2006.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
  2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Unfortuantely my sound card isn't working, so couldn't get the audio portion, but on the video side, I am jealous of your sun tan. LOL

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    1/2 Italian so it's easy for me to tan:wink: but i think I have a small spot of skin cancer on my face, to much outdoors gotta get it checked out.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks Vince. I just recently purchased two 6600DS Abu Garcia reels and they have the thumb bars on them and haven't had the chance to try them out yet. wally World had them marked down to $25 dollars fron $99 Dollars coulden't pass them up. I was wondering if you have to put your thumb on the spool after you push the thumb bar down to hold ths spool befor you cast to keep it from backlashing? It seamed to me after I spooled them up and put them on rods that when pushed the thum bar it went into freespool? thanks Bigcatman0816.:big_smile:

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now thats a heck of a deal. Shoot you could sell them on EBay for $60 & come out looking great!

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno

Yes Sir you do. Theres an adjustment on the right side of the reel that allows spools play strength, i've adjusted mine a few times after getting the hang of it to where the spool spins very free but at first I left it a bit tight to keep from backlashing on me.

Main thing seems to be allowing the thumb to float on that spool and knowing just how much pressure to apply while casting and then to slowly apply pressure as you're setup nears the end of it's travel, once the setup hits the water you better stop that spool or rats nest time, better have a knitting needle handy:crazy: .

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You know, they should invent a reel where you point your pole to where you want the bait and it will shoot it out there - hook, line and sinker. Then we could get an automatic rod that will cause the reel to automatically rewind...just think of that combination with circle hooks. LOL

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thanks Vini. I'l get them to the water and learn how to cast them. It shouldent be to hard for a Bohunk to learn should it? After All we are first cousions to the Polocks. L.O.L. Bigcatman0816:big_smile:

9. Cat King

Cat King New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    .There real easy to get the hang of

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Can I have your autograph?:0a21:

Man Bro, need to get that tripode out this week so we can make a video:0a24:

Cool video. Now lets catch some fish:wink:

11. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Yeah we'll get some vids going this summer for sure I got a feeling some hogs are going to get caught and the way you cast it just might be me:dribble:

Brian just called lemme see what that fool wants:big_smile: