Update on Ohio River Get Together June 20th

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Apr 27, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am not sure if this post will be moved to the gathering section or not, have no idea on the rules, I am sure Paul will chime in otherwise. I didn't make this an offical "gathering" because I do not know how that works. I have come up with a tentative date, and will need some feedback to make sure it will work for everyone. I am looking at Saturday June 20th, and possibly the 21st as well. I was going to make it for the 13th, but I wanted Salmonid and everyone who is fishing in his circuit to be able to make it as well, didn't want to interfere with that event.

This year we will have it at Tanner's Creek in Lawrenceburg, IN. 8am to whenever. Tanner's Creek Boat Ramp is a large FREE boat Ramp, with tons of parking. As Mark said on the other thread there are tons of hotels, food, and whatever you will need right there. Also very easy to Launch as the ramp is in a creek that leads out to the main river. Everyone needs to be aware however that you will have to run back up river about a mile to "legally" fish with an Ohio license. If you have a IN or KY license you will be good fish the river anywhere around there.

Let me know everyone on what ya think, and if you may attend. I am not going to bother on keeping tabs on who is coming, as I know things change and last year was hard to keep up with LOL....Anyone is welcome to attend, so guys from IN and KY, wherever....would love to have a great turnout to meet some BOC members and fish a great stretch of the Ohio River. See ya'll then!:wink:

P.S. I will be organizing something very similar in the Winter for some Ohio River Blue Cattin...

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    One more thing I forgot to mention, this will mostly benefit those who have a boat, you can bank fish the area but you need an Indiana License to do so. If you are intersting in going, and do not have a boat. Please let me know or make it known ASAP so we can try and get you a seat on someone's rig.

3. catfishassassin

catfishassassin New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey whats up i would love to go but have no boat plus i never fished on a boat. i just joined the group a few months ago and everybody been real nice. if there was a way i could go that would be awesome. let me know what comes up. -brandon

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Look forward to coming out and meeting everyone.

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    look forward to being there, have tried looking up some camping arrangements but no dice so far on anything real close or relatively inexpensive. If anyone has any suggestions let me know, although I don't plan on sleeping much anyway :smile2:. Should be a great time and I look forward to meeting everyone.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    As far as camping goes, Brookville State Park is about 20 minutes away. Ill see what else is around the area.
    Salmonid

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Sleep in the parking lot!:wink::smile2::smile2:....With all those boats around there, and catfisherman all over the place, if this thing turns into a 2 day event there is no way I would be able to sleep anyway. Skip will just have to make sure he brings everyone his patented thurmos of coffee!:eek:oooh::wink:

8. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    yeah, if nothing else i will crash in the truck or the boat in the parking lot for about 3 hrs then get back out on the water. lol