Update on my husband and his disability case!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Mar 9, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well family it's been awhile so I thought I should give you all a progress report.Yesterday around 1:30PM Steve(my husband) received a phone call from his Attorney's secretary. This is what she said: Ken(his Atorney) will be coming to our location at the end of April to visit with 3 doctors that have worked with Steve.Our Attorney stated that we were all ready to go to court March 12,but alas,the other side has postponed until November 2007.Why we do not know!We wonder if it's because they're concerned about the case,but do not know any facts about exactly why they decided to postpone.In the meantime they (Our Side) wants Steve to drive to St.Louis which they are paying for to see one more doctor.States he did not need to stay overnight as it was just one doctor appointment and then he was to turn around and drive back home.It's approximately a 10 hour drive round trip.
    In June,they have not set any dates yet,but in June as far as we know right now,Steve is to appear in St.Louis Again for mediation where both sides will set down to see if an agreement can be made,if not it will definitely go to trial.Steve,told me yesterday,in the last 2 years after what we as a family have been through,and especially what it has done to our teen daughters,he said they best not say we will give you x amount of money to drop this and that x is some wacky figure because he fully intends to refuse it.So it will depend on the figure they offer if they offer anything at all. Now as an Ex Boc Brother suggested:we did get our State Representative involved with the disability part,and man he is working his tail off for us. He gives them so much time,then he calls them to see what kind of progress they are making then he calls Steve and keeps him informed. He is also working for our oldest daughter as she is bipolar and he is trying to push her disability through.She has another 2 years to wait,due to a backlog of cases or thats what they tell us! Our State Representative was told that they would reach a decision on Steve by the end of March,as they have all the nessasary doctor's reports.Here it is March 9Th and I will be honest we are going on Nothing financially! So thats the story family! Gotta go,got company!:crazy:

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    thanks for the update

prayers are still being sent for you and your family

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks for the update, Keep us posted and good luck.

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Go Get Um Pat!!! J.D.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Visualize yourself as a pit bull...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Of course I don't look busy ... I did it right the first time.

6. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Disabilty is hard to recieve, every case is different, I applied and recieved my disability on my own without the need of a lawer. This is a bad situation that I believe is lawyer driven to get a percentage of any money
    the person may recieve. I wish you good luck and God speed.

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hang in there Pat, as you know ive been through the same thing although i didnt need a attorney. You and Steve are in are prayers.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat thanks for the update. God promised to supply your needs. He will not fail you. I'm believing that the answer is on its way. I will continue to pray for you and your family. God Bless.:big_smile:

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Pat thanks for the update I just sent up a prayer for you all All we can do is to take to the LORD and leave it in His hands:big_smile:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thankyou for the update Pat. God will provide.