Update on Burnsville Lake

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bville darrell, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Here is a small up date on Burnsville Lake, WV. Lake is at summer pool, not much flathead fishing going on yet. But the crappie is hitting real good. Some walleye are being caught. And the tail waters are stocked with trout.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the update.
    I fell sort of stupid, I didnt even know you were a member of the BOC. Your one of the reasons I got into cattin'. I couldn't stop thinking of those big cats after seeing your show.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Darrell, thanx for the update, Im hoping to get there this year to catch a few flatheads.

4. ROUSH8692

ROUSH8692 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Cool Keep Em Coming

5. I like to encourage catch and release on Burnsville lake. And don't forget to take lots of pics for the BOC. Reason is Burnsville is a fairly small lake, and the state will not stock flatheads but will stock channels. So if anyone gets the urge to eat catfish, please make it channels. It I kept all the flatheads I caught,they would not be any. We have caught the same flathead twice, the thrill is there no many how many times you catch him. Yes we tag. Talking about tags. If you catch a taged flathead in Burnsville Lake. Please bring it to the boat docks and have it weighted for me so I can see how much it has growen since I released him.

6. flatheadron

flatheadron New Member

State:
    west virginia
    hey i was just wondering if anyone has been doing anygood at burnsville lake yet this year..... we are planning on taking my boat memorial day weekend and trying to catch some of those big cats.........

7. Ducain

Ducain New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    My buddy and I aren't too far from Burnsville, and I wondered if it would be worth a trip. What do you guys use for bait up there? We're used to using shad down here in the Kanawha.