Update on Bubbakat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bubbakat, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well guys and gals I haven't spent much time on here in the last three months. I went into the hospital three months ago and they gutted me like a ship jack and give me a tune up. Well the way they explained it to me I didn't have much choice in the matter. I thought well I'll be back on my feet and running wide open in six weeks. Boy was I ever wrong about that. I spent a week in intensive care and when they sent me home I felt like someone had parked a mack truck on my chest.
    I was told upon leaving the hospital to watch my eating and exrcise all I could stand. Well I crawled on and off that tread mill for three weeks and it got easier all the time. My wife and kids said you are doing great at this time I figured being alive was doing good. I went back to the DR at 4 weeks and was walking good and not having to set down and rest any. Did I mention during this 4 weeks My wife had took me to wal-mart every day to get something and had walked the fool out of me there. At 4 weeks I went back to the dr and saw a few of the guys that had this type of surgery at the same time of a little before I did and they were dragging around or in wheel chairs. I couldn't believe that and My Dr. was tickled to death on my progress. Took me off a whole bunch of meds to.
    I have visited here a few times but have stayed long but now I can get back to posting pretty regular again so I'll be here more now. I feel like I am 20 years younger and eating like a horse. I have gained 25 lbs in three months. I will be retiring in about 6 months so Until then I will be around a bunch aftrer that the wife and I are going to travel for about six months. Sorry for the long post but for those who know me know now that I am back to my old self except with a good tune up.

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    that is great news , good to have you back. The key to getting better is getting up and going.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    AWSOME-knew yer a tough dog now yer back on yer feet and giong strong enjoy what you have cause yer wife kicked the snot out of ya :eek:oooh:and made ya good:eek:oooh:Love yer woman BK she is one great gal:big_smile: and you take care ...I will see ya round!
    P.S. tell mama we love her!:big_smile:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thank God you are back and doing well. Its great to hear about your recovery and you are living proof of the progress that can be made if you set your mind to it and have a strong support team. Welcome back brother!!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad to see you back,And in much better health,Keep it up.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Willard were glad to see you back and lookinng forward to your post.Its good to hear the tune up was a success. Since you spent so much time at Walmart during your recovery, does that mean when you retire:big_smile:, you plan on becoming a greeter?

7. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Willard,
    Its great to here that you are doing so well brother :big_smile:
    Maybee when you get back we can take a boat ride and catch a few fish...
    Puddle...

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    (LOL) Mickey good call(LOL) Ya aint right(LOL)

9. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Willard, I am so glad to hear you are doin much better. I had no doubt you would be back up and goin...especially if Donna is crackin the whip. LOL. You will remain in our prayers as always and I hope when you get out and travelin if you make it down this way, give us a shout. Would love to meet ya and hang out for a while. Hugs to you all and tell Donna we say hi. Happy New Year and best wishes to you and yours.

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Buddy, it sure is good to see you doing so well. I knew you were tougher than whit leather and you proved it. You were a ball of fire before your surgery, you are really going to be hard to keep up with for sure now.LOL

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Glad to see ya doing better. I noticed you not around lately.

12. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Glad to see you are back and doing so well.:006:

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I hope you continue to improve. Glad to see you back!

14. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is great news.....

Now that you are retiring you will have a bunch more time to fish! Take care and enjoy the trip.

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Glad to hear you made a speedy recovery there buddy!!! take it easy, JDSTRAKA thinks retirement is alot of work, ask him about it lol :smile2:

16. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Buddy that is great. When do you get over this way to visit and fish? The boat is ready, I have plenty of shipjack left in the freezer. Also may be able to get you into some sauger.:wink:
    I am so glad your getting back to normal. I know its taken me a lot longer to get over the 4 stents then I thought it would. But feel a little better each day and were walking 2 miles per day. Also like you I have more energy then I have had in years..
    Pete

17. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Glad to hear it Willard. Congrats on the retirement too. Should be just in time for some good fishin.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Best news I heard in some time. Thanks for the up date:wink:

19. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    welcome back bubba glad your doing well missed reading your post

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good to see you back up and running once again.Sounds like you got one good woman there,making you do all that walking. Only thing is now that you feel 20yrs younger, mama best be looking out:wink: once you get that strength built back up to par.
    Keep up the great work.