Update on boat purchase

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Kojak, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, I think i found the boat that I want for a starter. It's a 16' older BassCat. It has 2 livewells, new seats, carpet, steering cables, and a few other new parts. I am getting it for $2500, maybe less if I talk good. Anyway, seems like from what I have looked at it is the most boat for the money, plus it leaves me a little left for any minor repairs or toys I want to put on it. Guess most of you will have to wait till the next gathering to look at it, but I will post some pics after I get it. Man...I can't wait till tomorrow evening lol.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congrats on the boat! I'm sure you will get a lot of use from it.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on finding a boat. When you make up your mind you go. What size motor does it have? Will you be able to use it on your local lakes? Look out Rend here he comes. I bet your son is thrilled also.

4. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    It has an 85hp johnson javelin, I can use it on my local lake but will only be able to use the trolling motor on the small old lake, small price to pay i guess. Ill have pics probably by the end of the weekend. It has always been garage kept when not on the lake and only had 2 owners in its entire 31 yrs of service. The guy that i am buying it from seems to be a very nice guy so im confident its a good buy. Oh and yeah Dillon is thrilled, I told him he has to learn how to either drive the truck, or the boat cause I am not uloading and loading it by myself every time lol.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a good time and a great boat

6. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    yea and if that 85 is to big u can always put a little kicker on it,dan has that 150 and we put a 4 horse kicker that got us all around baldwin,we looked funny but it got us to our spot.anyway congrats.

7. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    congrats on the boat and hope you get to use it all you want and catch lots of fish from it:big_smile:

8. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Good Luck with your boat. If you have some issues with it, I,ll try to help you out as you are not to far away.

9. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That would be very much appreciated because, as of right now I know little about boat motors..I can build a complete hull, and deck, wire it, but after that..im lost lol. Ill let you know if I have any questions or problem.

10. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I GOT THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:0a22: Its pretty nice, could use a small bit of cleaning but other than that its pretty nice. I am charging up the batteries tonight and hope to take it out for a good test run at the local lake tomorrow. Ill keep ya all updated.

11. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    congrats on the boat! you will enjoy it. Having that boat will now put you on fish that the banks just wont let ya reach! have fun and be safe!

12. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    congrats, kojak. theres no stoppin you now.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just to let you know I was looking north today and I'm sure I could see your wake, when you were making that test run. Hope everything worked for you. Enjoy that rig.:wink:

14. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hopefully it wasn't that thick cloud of smoke i saw to the south. haha just kidding.

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats on the new boat, now everytime you step outside you can glance over and look at your new boat. I have had mine for over a year and i still look at everytime i walk out side and some times i go out side just to look at it.:smile2:

16. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is so funny, I did just that today. The wife and kids were watching disney movies and I went outside just to look at my boat, and make sure everything was all closed up because it looked like rain lol.:smile2:

17. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This boat runs like a scalded dog!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. I took my brother-in-law with me for the maiden voyage and it was fast enough to make him hang on..and if you know him that is saying something. But, speed isn't everything as well all know. The motor runs out very smooth, the power trim works well, the motor started after just a couple turns of the key, and thats after sitting for over almost a year. All of the light, pumps, and important stuff works, and the major thing....it doesn't leak at all. The boat was just as dry as when I launched it after running around the lake for about an hour. I am so glad you all have shared my enjoyment through this experience. Ill post pics once i get her cleaned up a bit.

18. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Congrats on your new boat.Now comes the fun part of fixing it up just the way you want.

19. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    glad to hear its working out for ya. what size is it again?

20. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Its a 16' basscat bass boat. It has a 85hp johnson javelin 2 livewells, 40#thrust minkota trolling motor, and a few other bells, but no whistles lol.