Update on boat/fuel leak problem

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Talked to the dealer on Monday and they told me that they knew what was wrong with the boat, IT WAS A FUEL LEAK. No kidding, common sense goes a long way but oh well. Then they tell me that its either a fuel line or a hole in the tank, again, I figured that also since thats the only 2 sources for fuel. So, I called yesterday and they pulled the rear deck and found that "Crestliner" apparently drilled a hole for a rivet and ended up putting that rivet in the aluminum main feed line for the motor. I didnt see it but I have to wonder if Crestliner actually did that or if the dealer did it installing the extra seat bases for me. Either way, they have a new fuel line and stainless rivets on order and told me that it should be ready sometime next week. I called Crestliner and told them that I was not happy with the situation and asked if I would be compensated at all. He offered a couple of seats which I do not need as I have 4 already but did agree to ship a tachometer for free so that was cool. I'm definately ready to get back on the water, I cant imagine how good it will do on gas not that its NOT leaking! It barely used any at all with the leak. Just figured I'd keep everyone posted since I was fired up the other day. Chris

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That does happen sometimes. But if the dealers did there job of checking out boats. That would never find its way to the buyer. Years ago when I worked at a dealer. We went over each boat as it came on the lot. Even filled them with gas the day the deal was set for someone to buy the boat. Then we made sure there was no leaks. This one boat I put gas in, well it held 65 gallons and when the pump hit 67 I had this bad feeling. There was 67 gallons of gas in the boat. Not the tank. The fools did not fit the fill hose to the tank.
    We would find so much wrong on boats. But it was fixed before anyone seen the boats. We did not wait and see if a buyer would find it.
    Glad yours is fixed
    Pete

3. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Glad to hear your getting things taken care of Chris!
    Rob'

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    That's gotta be frustrating, but at least you are back on track.

5. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    You will soon forget about it after a few fishing trips and slime in the boat. Glad to hear they are making things right with you.

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Good deal chris now you can enjoy her,Aer you making the lead pouring party on the 7th ?

7. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    I would love to go on the 7th but I have to work that weekend and work nights. I come on duty at 7pm so if you guys are still over there I will stop by. Chris

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Sounds good hopefully it will be to say hi, and not the neighbor are complaining about the noise ,jc will be there LOL

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks buddy. I'll probably be the quiet one. You know me.

10. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Chris, Did they get your boat done yet? :0a17:

11. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    No, still not fixed, hopefully tomorrow. Chris

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Dang are you having withdraws yet? With it taking this long they ought to put that to tach in also. We got to figure out when we can get together and do some fishing. I am ready.

Tom

13. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Well, they better be putting the tach in for free. If they install it and try to charge me its not gonna be pretty, especially since I DIDNT tell them to install it as I can do it myself so we'll see. Tom, I'm gonna be off work from Friday Feb 27th-Friday March 6th so if you get a chance to fish give me a call. I'm gonna be staying at our lake house over on Pomme but will likely be fishing Truman/Warsaw every day, crappie or cats maybe both. Chris

14. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Chris I will get ahold of you on Wednesday. I have to see how my week is going to end.

Tom

15. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    If we would have had 20 degree higher temps the last Two weeks i bet his withdraw levels would have been off the Charts!!!! LOL
    I hope they get you back on the water soon Chris.
    :wink:
    Rob'