Update : Life is too short

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ooonnnery, Apr 6, 2006.

1. ooonnnery

ooonnnery New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Some of you may have know that I had fought with cancer this last year, it started out in my shoulder region, then moved to my left lung. I took all the treatments ( chemo and radiation ), and was told by the Chief of Radiation after the last PetScan, that everything looked good,no cancer in the lung or the shoulder area. Only acouple of tiny spots that appeared outside the lung, one in a sac inbetween the lung, and one in the adrenial gland. However, I had a appointment with chemo doctor two weeks later , and he informed me that I had stage 4 cancer in my adrenial gland. Stage 4 is terminal, I inquired to how much time he thought I might have. He told me I had anywhere from 1 year to 1 1/2 to possibly two. Now, I was totally confused by two doctors with totally different opinions, I have made arrangements with MD Andy Anderson Cancer clinic in Texas to have them give me a second opinion and any treatment if indeed I have Stage 4. Needless to say, I am taking each day as it comes, and hoping for good news. I still go to work , go fishing , still preparing my boat, enjoying my friends, and loving my family. I try to keep a positive out-look on life, but I have to tell you, it is a difficult task thou.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    my prayers are with you. life is fragile , im going to a friends funeral tomorrow he was 48 yrs old , heart attack got him . i am praying for you and your loved ones. May God bless you and heal you is my prayer.

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Well Ooonnnery all I can say is let's hope the first doctor was right. Seems like that you are taking it pretty well for the most part. I think that is one of the best treatments in a situation like yours. Just keep that positive outlook on it. Hopefully your second opinion turns out to be good news. Let us know how it turns out. Our thoughts are with you. Good luck brother.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    God bless you and your family! Prayers going out too!

A positive attitude is the greatest asset you can have to getting well and beating this! Keep the faith!

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    You and yours will be in my prayers.

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Bob,
    Keep as positive an attitude/outlook as you can. It helps more than anything.
    Also keep in mind that the Dr can only give an estimated opinion on time.

We all have read and/or heard of those that were told they only had weeks or months to live and they are/were here years later to tell their own story.

Through God all things are possible, even miracles.

My thoughts and prayers are with you through this difficult time.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Bob, I'm sure that you're gonna be in the prayers of a lotta folks on this site, including mine. Try to maintain as positive an outlook as you can, 'cause positive energy boosts the immune system.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers sent brother, hope all is well and 1st doctor is right. Keep us posted.

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    BOB Here I sat feeling lower then scum on Louisiana swamp water about some trivial problems I am having and I read this. I pray for you man and hope every thing comes out. Never say never it ain't over until its done.

10. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

11. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bob, Try to keep your chin up. Those Drs. are as human as we are, and I am wrong ALL the time! Thoughts and Prayers, coming your way.

12. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Bob,

I wish you the best brother, there is nothing I can say to mitigate your situation. I only hope that you get well, and continue being you!

Be strong my friend! Even in the worst of times, your family leans on you, show strength and remember you have many friends!

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Hey bro,
    Your in my thoughts and prayers. You have an incredible outlook on life and wish you the best. I have a sister in law fighting breast cancer right now.
    She too is more upbeat than I could imagine. Hope the first doctor is right.

14. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Ooonnnery, keep on the sunny side. Turn it over to the man in charge and he will see you through. From our home to your home, with prayers.
    Don

To the world you may be just a person, but to a person you may be the world.

15. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Prayers from Louisiana. Keep up the positive attitude and go fishin'

16. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

17. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    god bless you! Live every day as best as you can and stay on the happy side of life.

18. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My prayers are with you brother, stay strong.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    WIll Keep you in our prayers. Remember GOD can take care of all things.

20. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well just leave it in Gods hands and things will be ok
    You and your family will be in our prayers