Update for new job

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by laidbck111, Feb 24, 2007.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

As some of you know I started a new job and have just about finished all of my training. I went yesterday to qualify with my duty weapon, gotta brag a litle here, I shot a 99% daytime and a 98% night time. This was after we ran a 200 yard dash, did 25 push-ups and 25 sit-ups. They said this would get your heart rate up to simulate being faced with a dangerous situation. My Chief Training Officer was almost as surprised as I was, lol. My duty weapon is Sig P229 40cal. Next is offensive and defensive driving courses. I have also been added to a list as possible candidates for AR15 training, if the course and crew are approved by the Feds. Well I will check in when I can. As a reward for all of my hard work both in a book and physical, my wife is buying me a new truck that I get to pay for, lol. Looks like its going to be a quad cab chevy 4 wheel drive. I will check in as I can you guys have fun and good luck on the water.

2. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    congrads on a job well done benji, thats just wonderful. hope all things work out as you want them too and congrads on the truck too....keep up the good work and keep us all intouch....

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Benji, with a new job, the training going great and getting a new truck sounds like you couldn't be better! Congratulations on all. :smile2:

And heres to continued good luck.

4. Tala

Tala Guest

Hey Benji,
    You've earned the braggin' rights. Congrats on your new job. Sure seems like life is going well for ya. That's awesome. Enjoy it all!

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Benji its good to hear all the postive things going for you. Don't become so wrapped up in the job and driving that new truck that you forget the BOC. I enjoy your comments. Good Luck and drive safely.:big_smile: :big_smile:

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Way to go Benji, glad to hear all is going well!!!!!

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations on everything, Benji! Great to hear that a brother's doin so well and enjoying life amidst all the hard work and changes :smile2:
    Take good care of yourself and don't forget to break that new truck in at the ole fishin hole before too long!

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Way to go fella...I don't do "ups", but I'm good at downs. Sit down, lay down, chow down, put down, drink down, party down, I'll even hang around down.
    :smile2:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Way to go Benji glad to hear things are well with ya

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

well just got back with new truck. It ended up being a Dodge Durango 4x4 with 3rd row seating, towing package, Hemi Engine and a plethera of other options. I did manage to get them to knock $12500 off sticker before we agreed on price. The Chevy did not want to budge and we walked after we got the Dodge we went back by the Chevy placed and waved to the guy that did not want to "play". His loss.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats and good to hear its going well with the new job!