Update; and thanks for prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Netmanjack, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We are back from the hospital. Tammy had her surgery at the James Cancer Clinic in Columbus. She had a squamas cell carcinoma on the floor of her mouth under her tongue. The surgeon took it out, along with some good tissue surrounding it; which meant that some bone and her bottom teeth went with it. They took a skin graph from her leg to replace what the cancer took. He also cut under her chin to remove the lymph glands which were infected to a small degree. He is very happy with the results and says radiation is in store just to make sure, in case he missed anything. Tammy has a tracheotomy tube in her throat, and it is my job to keep her clear of mucus and stuff. (yuck). The radiation can’t start till after her wounds are mostly healed, about a month. After the treatments are over she can start getting fitted for some new teeth.
    I am sure God answered our prayers. Tammy had the best care; the staff and the Doctors were all wonderful. She took it like a champ and like I told her, it will all be down hill from here. Thank you so much for your prayers, I know that they made the difference between disaster and the good results that we got. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Glad to hear that all went well . I will continue to keep her in my prayers for a full recovery

3. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Thats wonderful to hear. Im happy for Tammy and the rest of the family.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Good to hear my friend, prayers are still being sent also.

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Glad to hear all went well for her. Here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery. :)

6. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Jack this is great news ! Tammy sounds like she is a Champ. of a Gal. I'm glad for her and you to Brother. Y'all take care.

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That is good news Jack. Hope you can do a little fishing this year. I just put a deck on the riverboat for you. Tons of storage so you don't trip over my crap LOL! Call me if you need me.

Shawn

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jack, that's good news. I hope all continues to go well. There will be some tough times ahead during her treatment and recovery. Have faith and patience. Best of luck to both of you.

9. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Good News! I'm sure we will all continue our prayers for your family.

10. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Congrats from one survivor to another. I would like to recommend a program the ACS (American Cancer Society) puts on a ways down the road when she is feeling better. Its call Project look good feel better. My wife went to it and I proposed to her when she returned. They pamper them for a day and it really boosts the morale. Sounds like she has a good morale coach now tho. Best to both of you from two Kansas Survivors.

11. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Jack, that is such great news buddy, we are tickled to death for Tammy and for you also. We will continue to keep you both in our prayers my friend. Thank you for letting us know.

12. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    glad to hear that hope she gets well very soon still in prayers

13. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX
    GREAT NEWS JACK! Will keep up with the prayers. Tell Tammy we are all thinking and praying for her.

God Bless,
    Frank

14. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    OUTSTANDING!! Glad to here things are going to be OK.

Darrell

15. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Jack, that's the best news I've heard in quite some time. Next time you give the Mrs. a hug, squeeze a little harder for the Brotherhood. Be strong, my friend......and then be stronger. We're behind you.
    Rat

16. NCBASSIN

NCBASSIN New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Glad to hear this wonderful news Jack .....your family is in our prayers till she is 100% .... Danny

17. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great news Netman, glad to hear all went well. Keep us updated on the healing and prayers will continue to be sent.

18. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Congrats,great news.Your a good man to go thru all this by her side.

19. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. I'll pray for a speedy recovery and for you to have the strength to care for her. GOD BLESS!

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    So glad to hear every thing went great. Praying for a speedy revovery. God did Bless her.