Upcoming Kansas Fall Mini-gatherings

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I couldn't find the thread where Jay suggested a couple of different places to have our fall gatherings, one was Perry, the other Milford. I'd like to suggest Marion also. There is an area there that would be perfect for a mini. Real good shore fishing, excellent beaching for boats, boat ramp not far from where we'd be, restroom just across the road. The sites I'm talking about are a little ways back in the cove, put the point on the main lake is close by also, I believe the name is Cottonwood Point. All the sites are water and electric, every site has it's own shelter, on a concrete pad with a grill.
    Lydia and me camped there a couple of years ago and really liked it, we'll be going back this year again.
    Just thought I throw this in for consideration.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id love to try Marion for a mini. Ive heard great things but havent been there in a LONG time. Count me in.:wink:

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    This was my plan after talking to a few other people.

Perry - Sept. 11, 12 & 13. This would be a fishing mini. We would like to have one without the big meal or fish fry. Give our chefs some time off. An intense weekend of fishing and BS'ing.

Milford - Oct 16,17, & 18. Cooler weather = lots of blue cat action. If we want to do a dinner at this one we could if the chefs want feel like cooking. If not, that would be fine also.

I got my orders yesterday for Afghanistan. Dec 10 will be my last day as a civilian. I will really leave this time :sad2:.

If you want to do Marion Jim, these are the days I will be playing army to get ready to deploy. If we can schedule around these I would appreciate it.

Aug 26 - 30
    Sept 25-27
    Oct 2-4
    Nov 6-8 and Nov 16-20 (during the rut of deer season) :angry::angry:
    and finally Ft. Riley 11 Dec - Jan 13, then fly out real quick after that.

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    That sounds like a nice plan I like the idea of getting 2 in before winter sets in.

5. kscowboy

kscowboy New Member

State:
    Kansas
    yeah! sounds like a great idea. i fish there a lot and would definitely be able to make it.

6. nOct3rn4l

nOct3rn4l New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Christy and I also like the Idea of Marion Lake, Ive heared good Flathead stories that came from there.

Wherever the Gathering may be, we will be there, always a Blast!:big_smile:

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I'll do my best to be atleast at one of them. Not sure which, but would like to BS with Jay and maybe do some fishin with him to before he has to do his duty.

8. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Looking forward to catching up with everyone and doing some fishing. I plan on trying to make it, as long as school doesn't keep me too busy on the weekend of the gathering(s). Ahhh, school......:roll_eyes:

9. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Jay, the mini's you mentioned sound good, I've been wanting to visit Perry also. When Lydia and me decide to go to Marion, I'll post it, we mostly like to get there on a Monday and leave around Wed or Thursday, it's generally pretty quite during the week. If anyone can make it, that'd be fine.:big_smile:

10. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    cHRIS (PHILPHS4BIGKATS) SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL ANDI WILL SEND A PICTURE FROM THE eLdORADO GATHERING RWG

11. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Sooooo....one in Sept. and one in October and go make faces at Jim and
    Lydia when they camp at Marion early in the week sometime. I'm sure
    that my wife will consider these all great wastes of time and money.
    Count me in. That is until she has sufficient time to decide what she
    will take from me or block in some Byzantine fashion...The game is afoot!

12. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    Yeah, what he ^^^ said:eek:oooh:! I'll only be able to make Perry on Friday evening and Saturday day, but Milford should be no problem.

13. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Perry in Sept sounds good. I should be able to make it to some of it. What campground are you planning on

14. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If someone is familiar with Perry they can recommend a camp ground. I haven't fished there since I was about 10 years old.

15. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I think Tom would be the go to guy on that question.

16. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Lydia and me will probably do a recon there like we did for Melvern, see what looks good for all as far as campsites and shore fishing.

17. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    let me know when yer gonna do it and i'll try to get out that way and see y'all.

18. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Will do J.J., I should be able to let you know at least a day or two in advance.

19. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Rock creek is probably my choice for bank fishing. I think tom likes old town but I've never been there. they are both corps ground.

20. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Perry Lake, Sept. 11, 12, 13??? Is that what you all are talking about?? Jim where are you? Might want to check out '"US Army Corps of Engineers"' 'Rock Creek Park'. Its a long way away from the Delware Boat Ramp (the ramp just outside of Valley Falls) which will probably be back open by then. We were up there 8-20-09 and the Ramp was to muddy. There is also a old closed boat ramp in Valley Falls. The next closest ramp to the Delware is Old Town Park (behind the American Legion) (Corp. park also). Got to cross the flats to get to the river though from Old Town. If the wind blows theres still alot of fishing still to be had from bank or boat off the Delware River Boat Ramp and down stream. The State Park (also called rock creek) has the 'hog troughs' and 'catfish alley' and a bridge (that we all can sit under if it rains). Also the State Park has a marina. On the East side there is the Corp. of Eng. Marina and a nice bank fishing spot right next to the Dam (big dam rocks to the far left, mud straight out, more smaller rocks to the far right). I'd like to pull a all nighter there by the Dam. US Army Corp of Eng. Rock Creek Park hasn't seen much bank fishing this year or camping. Anyone want to take there boat up to the Oxbow from Old Town let me know. John and I will probably be fish'n up there the next week or so.