Upcoming fights?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, Apr 30, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive heard they are scheduling Forrest Griffin vs. Anderson Silva fight, at least itll be a fight. This could be interesting, Id like Forrest to win but I wouldnt bet against Silva.

And for the media circus, Jose Canseco vs. Hong Man Choi. Jose better start juicing again.

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The Griffin-Silva fight is signed. It will be the co-main event with Penn-Florian.

Also hearing that if Evans beats Machida in their upcoming fight, next in line for Evans will be Rampage for the belt. And it will be at the Fed-Ex Foruim in Memphis, Rampages hometown.

3. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    As far as the Griffin-Silva fight, i cant wait, silva seems he cant be touched and runing threw the ufc, i really wanted henderson to win when he fought him but we know how that turned out. Any way with silva's fighting abilities and griffins wont quit attitude it will be a great fight, even tho i like griff ill have to give it to silva unless forest can get some good shots in. As far as the rampage and evans match, i hope to god rampage slams him threw the mat, I never seen anything special from evans when he was on the show and for him to talk trash to rampage, you got to be nuts. I sorda compare evans to chris leben, somehow you turn your head for a second and all of a sudden there getting big fights and evans has the belt and so on. I guess when they left the show they got into to good camps, i dont know.
    And to jump ahead to ufc 99 ill lay money on Wanderlei Silva taking out Rich Franklin in no time flat. Rich was a good fighter, a real good one but sense silva whooped on him i think it killed him inside.
    And on to ufc100 i think brock is not going to make the same mistake twice with frank, i think brock had the butterflys on the first big match and thought he was goin to run right threw mir, but mir is not a wuss, we seen him take some nasty shots the first time around and still got the job done. I guess my cable bill is going to get up there alittle bit lol, got some good matches coming up, i just wished ufc could get some of the big names back to get the heavyweight divison back up. Sorry to jump ahead on the other ppv's guys

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Great fights coming up for sure. Im still wanting to see Fedor in the UFC!
    Fedor vs. Lesnar, I might actually pay to see.

IM hoping Forrest will have a shot if he uses leg kicks a lot and take him to the ground. But IM sure Silva has a ground game we just dont get to see it. Ive heard theyre planning the Evans Rampage fight too, would love to see Rampage powerbomb Evans thru the mat myself, but Evans can go for sure. Id love to see Florian elbow Penn into a bloody mess and take the belt!!!

5. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    I would love to fedor come over and give the heavweights hell, Id pay to see that one to, to me besides mir nobody jumps out to me to really go against brock, just seems like a soft division since affliction got ahold of some good fighters, id love to see tim come back and stand toe to toe with brock lol. Even tho im a huge fan of andrei arlovski, i dont think he'd really stand a chance against him, maybe just maybe when he was in his prime.

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i was just wondering who you guys think will win the rasheed vs dragon fight. they both have outstanding records but ive only seen them both of them fight once. The dragon seemed pretty laid back and id like to see him win. For no apparent reason, lol.

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I think Congo would give Lesnar a run if he could stay on his feet.... I wish Arlovski would get his fire back...

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`ll put my 2 cents in , the Dragon over Evans, Silva over Griffin but griffin does have the heart of a lion,and I really don`t see anybody who can hang with lesnar right now.

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What about Shane Carwin? I have high hopes of him pounding on Lesnar should Mir lose. I don't see Mir beating Lesnar again, but I can always hope.

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Lesnar beats Mir
    Evans beat's Machida
    Silva beats Griffin (Griffin is my favorite, but Silva is dominating)

I think Rashad would beat Rampage, but there's always the chance with Rampage getting that once big hit and that's all he needs. I'm not a fan of either of them personally.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think that Griffin and Silva will be a really good fight. Griffin might be outclassed though. Both on the feet and the ground Silva is the better of the two...still this is Griffin we're talking about...

I think that there are some really good prospects inthe heavyweight division (finally)! Both Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez are good fighters (did they fight yet?)...I still think that Mir will take out Brock again. You cant look past Mir.

As for Penn and Florian...dont blink on this one! Two really good BJJ guys and also great strikers! Kenny might have the edge in the striking game but BJ can take a punch!

12. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    As far as I know, Carwin has only fought Gonzaga in the UFC. Gonzaga did rock him once, and took him down, but he got right up and knocked G.G. out. He hits HARD, and is an accomplished wrestler.

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Carwin fought a few UFC events before he fought Gonzaga. Im not sure if they were telivised though. Heck, I dont even know the guys he fought. I thnk there were two other events bseides Gozaga and they were wins by TKO.

14. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    You're right.

Carwin began his career as a wrestling partner before entering competition himself. Carwin won his first eight fights by first round stoppage and became the Ring of Fire heavyweight champion before signing with the UFC. Carwin made his UFC debut on the undercard of UFC 84 against Christian Wellisch. He won the match by KO in 44 seconds in the first round, knocking Wellisch's mouthguard out in the process. Carwin followed up with an appearance at UFC 89 against Neil Wain, winning by TKO in the first round. To date, Carwin has won all of his fights by stoppage in the first round. Also of note is that all of those wins have occurred before the midway point (2:30) of the first round.
    At UFC 96, Carwin faced Gonzaga in what would be his hardest opponent yet, Carwin pulled out the victory knocking out Gabriel Gonzaga with a straight right hand after 69 seconds of the first round, his 11th straight win within 2:11 of the 1st round.