Unwanted catch on Lake Wylie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by blackwaterkatz, Apr 25, 2009.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
  2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I am going to open LAKE WYLIE SNAKEHEAD CHARTERS. We will pusue and target the elusive snakehead on the waters of Lake Wylie. The cost will be $1,000 a day to pursue this rare species of fish! :roll_eyes::tounge_out:

There was another one caught two years ago, but the angler released it back into the lake thinking it was a protected species. Hopefully this is the same fish, and they are not reproducing. :eek:oooh:

3. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    cut it up for bait :smile2:

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its a good size fish and could take a finger if you weren't carefull with it.

5. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hmmm a snake head fish fry. That sounds exotic. If they take over I hope they're good with tartar sauce.:smile2:

By the way whats all the talk about some plant that's taking over wylie. I heard about that this weekend. I heard that it growes from the bottom of the river up to the surface in 25' of water. And the dnr or somebody was releasing some kinda special carp that eats it. I think it was called ( hydrilla ) or something like that?:tounge_out:

6. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    i heard something about a carp getting released also

7. catfever

catfever Member

State:
    conway,s.c.
    Good show on snakeheads on National Geographic channel right now, it comes on later tonight and later this week or weekend.

8. CarolinaRig

CarolinaRig New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    All jokes aside...these pests can destroy a fishery. They have been know to wipe out a whole lake. Try Googling em.

9. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    They found these devils in Arkansas last year and earlier this year had an eradication program to try and wipe them out. Still too early to see if it worked, but these guys sure do reproduce fast.

10. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    That is a real downer---I hope it doesn't get bad and they can do something about it.