unsafe ice

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by stangcrazy85, Jan 17, 2010.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    look out yall had 6 plus inches but around the banks it was a no go
    i didnt get the beer wet or lose any minnows but had to yell snake for the rest of the day ( no what i mean ) cold 001.jpg
    freakin soaked man

2. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    cant help but laugh man.....but that sucks to. man i would hate to be in your shoes....hate the damn cold lol

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :laugh1::rotfl::=:)bbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Be careful Bro next trip out! I would hate to see anything bad happen to ya! Your lucky!

5. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    right on guys i had a gool laugh once i could talk the first shock was the worst but i did go to the other side and fish for 2 hours after i went swimming couldnt resist a bath hasnt rained here in a while LOL

6. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Congrats on joining the polar bear club!!! Glad you made it out safe!!!!!Just got back from western ohio and indiana and fished 7 ponds and one lake.ice was from unsafe to about 7 inches.Caught about 40 gills and crappies first day and another day 25 gills another.Yeah they catch more fish on first skinny ice but my comfort zone is 4 inches of clear ice.i usually drill test holes near edge and slowly work my way out.gonna have to get me a spud bar for ice testing also.was going to get ahold of you and fish buckeye or indian but i think by reports its getting unsafe.they cancelled saugeye tourney on indian today because of ice conditions.hopefully we will get some more ice before seasons over

Attached Files:

• 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views:
    • 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
  7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    your breaking the law no holes over 12" that one looks to be 3-4' lol glad your ok

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad you are ok man! I havent been out for that reason. I saw where the edges were getting that wet look. Gotta laugh though!!!:laugh1: Maybe this will make ya feel better.. LMAO! rollo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5D07c0dJuQ